NZ Visa for Americans

aamechs2

I need serious help regarding visas. ( traveling on the Royal Princess from Sydney to NZ then back to Sydney)

I bought 1 for and 1 for my husband. But his was much more expensive than mine so I’m guessing I bought the wrong one for me. But they both say for travel to or through NZ??  I’m going to try to attach screenshots of them. I want to make sure I have the right ones before getting visas for Australia

766E8166-A3B3-479B-8600-FCEF4B083E59.jpeg

F4C82C63-D694-4F4E-AE88-2A62458789AE.jpeg

You have obtained NZeTAs for both of you which is what is required. I don't understand how your husband's cost more. What was the cost for each and did you apply for them both using the same method, online or through the app?

11 minutes ago, aamechs2 said:

I did it online. Mine was 23.00 NZD and his was 58.00 NZD. I’m not sure what I did but glad to have the right ones. Thank you for replying ☺️

Ok, it looks like you didn't pay the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) which you have to pay for when you pay for the NZeTA which did for your husband. I'm not sure how that was missed. You may need to contact them to find out how to pay.

The IVL

If you are entering New Zealand you must also pay an IVL, which funds tourism infrastructure and helps protect our natural environment. You pay the IVL at the same time as you request your NZeTA. The IVL costs NZD $35.

3 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Ok, it looks like you didn't pay the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) which you have to pay for when you pay for the NZeTA which did for your husband. I'm not sure how that was missed. You may need to contact them to find out how to pay.

The IVL

If you are entering New Zealand you must also pay an IVL, which funds tourism infrastructure and helps protect our natural environment. You pay the IVL at the same time as you request your NZeTA. The IVL costs NZD $35.

As the ETA is all ready impressed in the Passport I think I would play dumb and if asked at the border surrender $35nzd. NZ;s Gov. IT is a nightmare as trying to fix this will be without human intervention. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The photo took a lot of tries to get right. Would have been easier if I could have figured a way to switch camera lenses. Trying to help my wife take the selfie photo was nearly impossible, wish I could have just taken the picture normally. Eventually got them done. Someone recommended doing them outside in sunlight.