Any suggestions on how to get from Miami Airport to Port Canaveral Cruiseport in Orlando?

curtsfan

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If she takes Brightline, there are really only two trains on the schedule that would get her to MCO with enough slack to get her to PC via a shuttle in time to catch the ship (8;03 or 10:03). The 12:03 would be too tight for comfort. 

IMG_0031.png

I’m thinking she should catch one of the earlier trains the day before & stay at a hotel near the airport & then transfer to the pier with RC.  

12 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

I’m thinking she should catch one of the earlier trains the day before & stay at a hotel near the airport & then transfer to the pier with RC.  

That is what we will be doing when we start taking the train to Miami for cruises if the point-to-point home-to-cruise package option doesn’t work out. Go in the day before, spend a quiet evening in Miami and then Uber to the port in the morning.

That would give her a few more options for train scheduling.

Edited by orville99

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That is what we will be doing when we start taking the train to Miami for cruises if the point-to-point home-to-cruise package option doesn’t work out. Go in the day before, spend a quiet evening in Miami and then Uber to the port in the morning.

That would give her a few more options for train scheduling.

We come from Boston & normally cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, Tampa or Miami.  We always fly in the night before, just to be safe.  Unfortunately this cruise is out of MCO because we are spending several days in Disney & my daughter is going to meet us at the pier.  But the info you gave me, is very helpful!  

39 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

We come from Boston & normally cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, Tampa or Miami.  We always fly in the night before, just to be safe.  Unfortunately this cruise is out of MCO because we are spending several days in Disney & my daughter is going to meet us at the pier.  But the info you gave me, is very helpful!  

Glad to help - enjoy your cruise.

As you noticed, there is no airline service between PBI and MCO.

Amtrak is not practical because it's too slow and arrives Orlando station, if it's on time, at 1:22PM. And then you'd need a taxi or rideshare from there to the port = $$.

Unless she can rent a car, the best plan is definitely Brightline. From WPB it will run nonstop to MCO where there are numerous shuttle options to choose from including one likely offered by the cruiseline.

7 hours ago, CruiseMrB said:

I live 2 miles as the crow flies from those tracks in Melbourne Fl - about 40 minutes away from Port Canaveral. There has been quite a bit of debate of "Why don't we have a stop if we have to put up with the trains?".

There is talk of putting a station in Melbourne or Cocoa so one or the other is likely to happen. Melbourne is larger and more central but Cocoa would allow shuttles to operate between that station and the port, an option a LOT of Orlando International Airport passengers would opt for.

3 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

There is talk of putting a station in Melbourne or Cocoa so one or the other is likely to happen. Melbourne is larger and more central but Cocoa would allow shuttles to operate between that station and the port, an option a LOT of Orlando International Airport passengers would opt for.

Would prefer Cocoa for the port, as it makes more sense. Plus train has to slow down a bit at Cocoa for 90 degree bend anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

If this ultimately happens (and it is a big IF) it will be several years before it happens.

• Like 1