New Carnival AMEX Offer

Petersonfcu

I got this offer today on my American Express Credit Card:

Get 25,000 additional Membership Rewards® points one-time by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more purchases on cruise reservations booked at carnival.com, by phone at 1-800-764-7419 or by contacting your preferred travel advisor by 10/10/2023. See terms.

The good news is that you can trigger this offer through multiple different purchases and you can make the purchases through carnival or through your travel agent.  The bad news is that you have to make all those purchases in the next three weeks.

Travel bloggers generally value Membership Rewards Points at about two cents apiece.  That would make 25,000 points worth about $500, a 50% return on your $1,000 of Carnival payments.  But this two cent valuation is only if you transfer the points to other travel partners and know how to best use the points that way.  If you cash out Membership Rewards points they are generally worth less than one cent apiece.

I will probably use my offer by prepaying some grats and also maybe paying off an upcoming cruise before final payment date.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mistertomatoe said:

4 cards nothing. At least Holland America showed up this morning.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how they parcel out these offers.  

I was able to use my Carnival offer.  And the bonus AMEX points posted only two days after I completed the required spend.

• 5 months later...