7 Day Princess vs 10 Day Mercury

queen_kathy1

These 2 MR cruises are priced almost identically. While I like the idea of a few extra days with Mercury and getting to go to Acapulco and Ixtapa - which cruise would you recommend when it comes to choosing between the Sapphire Princess and the Celebrity Mercury?

Would the ports at Cabo, Mazatlan and PV be enough to satisfy the Mexican Riviera experience?

i would say do the 10 day cruise if it is almost the same price take advantage of the two extra ports. acapulco is big and beautiful and ixtapa is very pretty aswell. acapulco for site seeing and pictures is wonderful and ixtapa is great for some r&r on one of the very nice beaches there. hope this has been of some help.

I was on the 7 day Sapphire last December to Mexico and will be on the 11 day Mercury next month. I was on the 10 day Mercury a few yeras ago. While the Sapphire is a much biggr and newer ship, I prefer Celebrity and especially going down to Acapulco. Plus San Diego is a better to leave on a cruise. For the same money, take the Mercury. If you are curioius, I paid $908 per prson total for a outside cabin with a window on a lower deck.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I sailed Century 5 years ago and thought it was great and I'm sure the Mercury will be quite comparable - Princess would need to offer a really great ship experience to forego the extra days with Mercury.

I would DEFINATELY select the Mercury over the Saphire, and especially so in light of the extra days. Mercury is a smaller ship, but very nice. Great food, great service. If I am not mistaken, Mercury is schedule in to a 2 week drydock. They will be adding 300 odd balconies, another restaurant, plus misc. other details.

DH's boss was away from the office during March Break so we "missed the boat" to get DH's vacation time approved. Mercury is now fully booked unless we want to pay the $6,000PP for the penthouse! Fortunately there was still space on the Sapphire so we booked a cabin today. Whew!!!! :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I sailed Century 5 years ago and thought it was great and I'm sure the Mercury will be quite comparable - Princess would need to offer a really great ship experience to forego the extra days with Mercury.

On our 1st cruise we took Mercury from Vcr to Alaska. In terms of service and food, the bar has been set very high by the crew and staff on board. On our 3 rd and most recent cruise, we took Sapphire Princess on 7 day Mex. Rev cruise (Mar 11 to March 18th) While Sapphire is bigger and newer, our entire group preferred service and food on Mercury.. plus you will have the extra Mexican ports to visit. We also found the buffet area more spread out on Mercury compared to Sapphire.

Don't get me wrong, we did have a good time on Sapphire and the food and service was good, but felt it was better on Mercury.

10 day cruise is a better way to go esp if it is the same price. Plus Cabo is only from 7 am to 1:30 pm, plus the line up to tender back to the ship was at least 3o to 45 minute wait..

Enjoy!! We wish we were going again.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived