Repricing a Complicated Booking Without Losing Previous OBC. (Impossible)

roberts2005

Back in February, while on the Pursuit, I booked two 7 day cruises.  This was done so that I could use my 6 free nights on one of them.  By doing it this way I was able to  get an onboard booking credit plus the credit for doing back to back.

The reason to rebook is the new offer of a $1,000.00 OBC and a price reduction of 20 per cent.

Made no sense to touch the cruise with 6 free nights, as this stays priced at list.

However, if  I try to reprice the other to save money, my TA is telling me I will lose my existing OBC’s plus risk having to move cabins if someone books my cabin during the process.  Plus the $150.00 to cancel and rebook.

‘’in the end I decided not to reprice.  The net savings would have been only a few hundred dollars.

Seems as if your TA is treating this as a cancel and rebook.  There's no need to do that as long as you haven't made final payment.  The TA should be processing a simple reprice which does NOT require you to release your room nor pay a cancellation fee, but it would lose any OBC that came with the original booking promo.  It shouldn't -- IMO -- impact your B2B OBC since that is not a promo. I would push the TA more.

Edited by mchell810

5 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

He was told, by Azamara, that the offer is for no bookings only.  So therefore the requirement to cancel and rebook.

There no longer seems to be any price guarantee.

When you booked onboard did you get any paperwork that said you had one chance to change the cruise?

We have done this. - Not the free nights involved but an onboard booking. The new "Free Upgrade" promotion definately says the offer is for NEW bookings ONLY and that if you have an old booking on the same cruise your only option ist to cancel and make a new booking. We lost our OBC and the Expereince More Package. The price was still so good that we earned 1000$ each. The onboard booking in this case was totally worthless. My agent checked twice with Azamara, but we lost all onboard booking benefits.

Edited by oddjob16

We have lost our loyalty discount recently on a cancel and rebook even though we also moved to a higher category. Azamara are adamant that’s correct. Seems that’s the rule unfortunately we’ve no onboard paperwork it was never given to us 

Spoke to Azamara a couple of weeks ago and was speaking to one of the old time agents who was with Azamara pre Covid, asked the question about moving an onboard booking to a new cruise. Answer was I could move the booking to a new cruise and would keep the onboard booking discount and OBC but would lose any other promotion that came with the original cruise.

But I stress was for moving to a new cruise, I think if you try to reprice the existing cruise different rules apply as most promotions apply to new bookings only. Certainly that’s what we have been told in the past by our then travel agent, this was for U.K. bookings.

However I’ve looked at the t&c’s for onboard bookings currently on the website and can see no mention of being able to move cruises:

Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions: Offer is combinable with Azamara’s general marketplace offers, back-to-back offer, Early Booking Benefit and single supplement savings. Offer may not be combined with certain restricted fares including Interline, travel agent and travel agent rates, family & friends, employee rates or net rates and may not be used on chartered voyages.
CONFIRMED BOOKINGS: A deposit equal to 50% of amount normally required for bookings made in your country of residence must be paid, per person, at the time of booking for Club Spa, Continent, Veranda, Oceanview and Interior staterooms. Club World Owner and Ocean suites require full deposit applicable in your country of residence at time of booking. If a confirmed booking is cancelled, cancellation charges may apply under
the Azamara cancellation schedule applicable in your country of residence. This deposit, less an administrative fee which varies based on country of residence, will be refunded if cancellation occurs prior to applicable final payment due date. Guests will receive a US$200 onboard credit (OBC) per stateroom, which will be applied to the future cruise. The OBC has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10 pm on the final night of the cruise. Single occupancy bookings will receive a pro-rated OBC based on the single supplement rate paid for the cruise. Offer is subject to change without notice, capacity controlled and may be withdrawn at any time. OPEN BOOKINGS: Open bookings have no expiration date, do not guarantee stateroom, voyage, or cruise price. Once a ship and sail date are selected and booking details finalized, no changes may be made to the ship or sail date. A non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of amount normally required must be paid in your country of residence, per person, and full name for each guest will be required at time of booking.
©2023 Azamara® Ships registered in Malta

But to counter this this is a copy of the pdf flyer also currently on the website clearly states that the booking can be moved once. This is certainly confusing but as this is the information provided onboard to promote bookings would form part of the contract of sale in the U.K. at least.

IMG_0168.thumb.jpeg.34b0f7b0259ab58251ac16b76a3ccb06.jpeg