Another Pending Charge ?

Sprocket

I disembarked September 15th and Princess put a hold on my account on the 13th.  The amount owing has been paid in full but the pending charge is still there 9 days later, which seems excessive.  

Will try contacting them but thought I'd check and see if this is standard but I don't recall any lasting more than 4 or 5 days.

1 minute ago, Sprocket said:

I disembarked September 15th and Princess put a hold on my account on the 13th.  The amount owing has been paid in full but the pending charge is still there 9 days later, which seems excessive.  

Will try contacting them but thought I'd check and see if this is standard but I don't recall any lasting more than 4 or 5 days.

Contact your financial institution first. They may be able to provide additional details. I have noticed several charges remain pending of late even after the hard-post charge has settled, though usually for only 2-3 days maximum after the hard-post. Only happens with my debit card and certain national chain restaurants.  May be a merchant service system change of some sort. 

Princess phone reps will be unable to answer your inquiry as they do not have access to shipboard account information. They are also unable to transfer you to any one who does. You will most likely have to open an online Custer relations inquiry to get any answers, which has a very long response time (6-8 weeks is not uncommon)

1 hour ago, Sprocket said:

Pending charges are cleared by the financial institution, not the cruise line. They clear based upon a couple of mechanisms. One is when the final charge is received. The other is when they time out, if a matching final charge is not received.

Most clear by the former. A timeout can take a while depending upon the exact circumstances. It will only impact available credit it does clear. clear.