Live: Disney Fantasy 9/23-9/30 Eastern Carribean

bnurick

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from bnurick! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

bnurick was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

After 4 nights at the Villas at Grand Floridian (DVC) we are getting ready to head to the port via Lyft. This will be my 11th DCL cruise and Cameron’s 25th. She is excited to hit Pearl status. Have a magical day!

IMG_8682.jpeg

Edited by bnurick

Left the Villas at Grand Floridian at 1100am and ordered a Lyft to the port.  Arrived at 1215pm and there was no wait. We had group 12 and they were on group 24.

Boarded, grabbed a bite and spent some time reviewing our dining rotation and menus.

Below is our dining rotation and specialty bookings. I noted what appetizer and entree I particularly liked after reviewing the menus and remember from our last cruise on the Wonder.

(1) Enchanted Garden (Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower, Caramelized Sea Scallops)
(2) Palo Brunch, Royal Court (Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp, Rack of Lamb)
(3) Animator’s Palate (Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes, Grilled Tuna Steak)
(4) Enchanted Garden, Palo Dinner (Pirate Night)
(5) Royal Court (Lobster Night)
(6) Animator’s Palate, Dinner at Remy
(7) Enchanted Garden (Garlic and Parsley Sautéed Shrimp, Grilled Filet of Turbot)

We bring 4 bottles of wine onboard and pay the corkage. Based upon the meal preferences here are my thoughts.

(1) Brewer-Clifton Hapgood Pinot Noir 2015
(2) Jarvis Lake William 2014
(3) DCL List: Gevrey-Chambertin Louis Jadot Burgundy
(4) Palo List: Tignanello 2019
(5) Jarvis Lake William 2014
(6) Remy: Wine Pairing
(7) Brewer-Clifton Hapgood Pinot Noir 2015

Port of call excursions and plans.

(1) Embarkation
(2) At Sea
(3) At Sea
(4) St. Maarten: Taxi and water transfer to Yellow Beach on Pinel Island. Beach chair/umbrella rented and lobster lunch ordered.
(5) Puerto Rico: Explore Old Town and have lunch; chips and guacamole focus.
(6) At Sea
(7) Castaway Cay: Fishing Adventure booked.
(8) Disembarkation

That’s the basics of our plan; our highlight is the St. Maarten day as we’ve been to Pinel Island once before.  After 4 nights at WDW we are looking forward to some at sea days.

Cheers from the Fantasy!
Edited by bnurick

After Cameron got our cabin door all decked out, we headed to the Bob Voyage Bar for some champagne to take to dinner (our favorite bar). The drink servers in the main dining rooms get slammed, so we find it much easier to bring our own cocktail and bottle of wine. After night one, they know to setup two high quality wine glasses at the table before we arrive.

We really like this menu at Enchanted Garden. The food was amazing and in particular the Chilean sea bass was cooked perfectly. One item of interest is the size of the scallops versus Celebrity. These were nice quarter sized after cooking.

After dinner we watched the Halloween Tree lighting and called it a night early. The 4 nights at WDW pre-cruise took its toll.

Cheers from The Fantasy At Sea Day #1!  Palo Brunch at 1000am…

IMG_8694.jpeg

IMG_8698.jpeg

IMG_8700.jpeg

IMG_8702.jpeg

IMG_8704.jpeg

IMG_8703.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Looking forward to your review The kids and grandkids are clamoring for a Disney Cruise after a bunch on Royal, but the price always scares me away. Someday.

mac_tlc

This cruise was the cheapest per day for 2023. I did the search over the CruisePlum website and sorted. Was able to get a room with no connecting door.  Cheers!

Since we have obtained platinum status we receive one complimentary brunch in Palo. A mimosa, the seafood starter, half special gorgonzola and half Italian sausage pizza, chicken parmesan over risotto entree and a special dessert request of fruit, gelato and a cream is what we ordered (see pictures). We were so stuffed they brought a happy birthday plate, a very nice touch. Lovely way to start the day. I was also able to order a bottle of wine to be decanted when we return in a few days for dinner (see their menu). Cheers!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8712.jpeg

IMG_8717.jpeg

IMG_8719.jpeg

IMG_8721.jpeg

IMG_8723.jpeg

IMG_8713.jpeg

• Like 1

Here are a couple Halloween theme pictures from the atrium.

We always learn something each cruise. Our room attendant explained the stars on the hallway carpet point towards the forward deck, as we were walking in the wrong direction.

Our dining rotation included Royal Court last night. I brought a bottle of Jarvis Lake William as we planned to have red meat. I also ordered a bottle of the Louis Jadot Burgundy to bring tomorrow as the drink servers are always very busy.

For dinner we ordered the lobster and shrimp and fried brie starters, the duck breast and rack of lamb as entrees and for dessert the soufflé, unsweetened chocolate cake and cream brûlée. (see pictures).

After, we watched the Aladdin show in the theatre, wish was great.

Unfortunately, we woke up in the Turks and Caicos for a medical emergency and are now back at sea.

Cheers from The Fantasy!

IMG_8725.jpeg

IMG_8726.jpeg

IMG_8729.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8734.jpeg

IMG_8735.jpeg

IMG_8736.jpeg

IMG_8737.jpeg

IMG_8738.jpeg

• Like 1

Good morning from almost St. Maarten. Last evening we decided to get a glass of champagne at Ooh La La before dinner (see menu), such class and the live music was very relaxing.

After we headed to Animator’s Palate. Roy had our wine glasses waiting and the bottle I bought the night earlier (Louis Jadot Burgundy 2018) had breathed for a few hours to open up. For dinner we ordered the black truffled pasta as starters, the tuna steak and a split of the herb crusted pork chop with extra sauce on the side (it can be dry sometimes) and for dessert we had the walnut chocolate cake.

We made it through the Halloween festivities and hit the bed by 10PM. Well rested for Pinel Island and lobster lunch today.

Cheers from the Fantasy!

IMG_8752.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8759.jpeg

IMG_8760.jpeg

IMG_8761.jpeg

IMG_8762.jpeg

IMG_8763.jpeg

IMG_8765.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bnurick said:

We made it through the Halloween festivities and hit the bed by 10PM. Well rested for Pinel Island and lobster lunch today.

That's why most experienced cruisers recommend doing the parks before the cruise.  A chance to recover.

I have two different friends with you on the cruise, Watch out for an elderly gentleman with longish red-dyed hair and bushy red beard who is quite the character. He goes by King Fergus 😁

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gometros said:

That's why most experienced cruisers recommend doing the parks before the cruise.  A chance to recover.

I have two different friends with you on the cruise, Watch out for an elderly gentleman with longish red-dyed hair and bushy red beard who is quite the character. He goes by King Fergus 😁

We did the parks pre-cruise. My Wife is pearl status now and cruised with your friend in the Wish last a few weeks ago. I am just lowly platinum. 😂 The two days at sea had a little more meaning after WDW, for sure. Also a chance to do our laundry and board with no dirty clothes. 

• Like 1

Our excursion in St. Maarten was a second visit to Yellow Beach on Pinel Island. To get there we taxi to Cul De Sac and take a very short ferry to the island.

The taxi was with Dennis, Sr who agreed to have Dennis, Jr return and pick us up at 4pm, the last ferry. Besides the beach, the draw to this place is the fresh lobster lunch and a few painkillers. As you can see in the video the lobsters you select from are very fresh!

Outside of the pictures speaking for themselves, there was the friendliest duck we’ve ever seen that would get in the ocean with guests and eat certain seaweed from your hand.

We plan to return in January. Cheers from the Fantasy!

IMG_8788.png

IMG_8771.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8783.jpeg

IMG_8773.jpeg

IMG_8772.jpeg

IMG_8774.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_8785.jpeg

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8769.jpeg

Palo Dinner last night was wonderful, so much I forgot to take pictures of everything. 😆 We started with the 2018 Tignanello (98 Points Robert Parker) and was great.

For food, after the amuse bushe, we started with calamari, then a caprese and baby arugula salad, next the butternut squash ravioli and a special request pizza of Italian sausage with balsamic drizzle and parmesan cheese and for dessert the chocolate soufflé.

Service was great, as usual.  It was Pirate Night and returning to our room we had a cool towel friend with chocolate coins.

Cheers from the Fantasy!

IMG_8794.jpeg

IMG_8796.jpeg

IMG_8799.jpeg

IMG_8797.jpeg

IMG_8793.jpeg

IMG_8792.jpeg

IMG_8803.jpeg

IMG_8808.jpeg

IMG_8809.jpeg

• Like 1