Recent Royal Suite Experience?

die_hard

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 4:10 PM, Kteacher said:

We sailed in a RS last May on the Mariner. Everything was amazing! Here’s the live review I did-

i read through your review and will be on liberty shortly. im aware the concierge is your point person since these ships dont have genies. for the food/drink you ordered on disembark day for you and your guests did you ask for specific things to be delivered to the cabin or just say we have X people and would like some food? also were you ever charged for the food and did you get any regularly delivered things or just called when you felt like something?

5 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i read through your review and will be on liberty shortly. im aware the concierge is your point person since these ships dont have genies. for the food/drink you ordered on disembark day for you and your guests did you ask for specific things to be delivered to the cabin or just say we have X people and would like some food? also were you ever charged for the food and did you get any regularly delivered things or just called when you felt like something?

Sorry, can’t help with this question as we didn’t entertain in the cabin other than 2 additional people at sail away. There was a bottle of champagne and plates of fruit, shrimp, and macarons in the cabin on our arrival, so we ate those.

We were in an Owners Suite on Enchantment over the summer and loved it.  Our concierge was just okay, I've had better on other cruiselines.  She was difficult to find and often confused about what was going on.  We had the earliest boarding time scheduled, 11:30 but we got to the port early.  We were on the ship at 10:30 wandering around, had it mostly to ourselves. 
The staff know what room numbers are suites.  You could see them perk up a bit when you said your number.  They were VERY attentive and helpful and friendly.  We had a night we didn't make dinner reservations but when we got to the front of the line for the main dining room we were seated at a window immediately.  No waiting. We only went to the suite lounge once, the first day to check it out.  It was small but the snacks were nice.  We had the drink package so we met friends in the Schooner Bar instead of going to the lounge before dinner. 
Getting off the ship was a bit of a cluster because the concierge told us one thing and wrote something different on the paper she left in our cabin.  We were able to get off very easy once we found her though.  Walked right off, got our luggage and hopped in the waiting taxi. 
We used Chops just about every morning for breakfast.  The staff there were great.  I can't stand buffets so it was wonderful to not have to go to the WJ.  
I had asked in advance and the concierge arranged a tour of the bridge for us.  I think she can also arrange behind the scenes tours for you if you'd like.  There was something in the email I got from her before the trip.  
We didn't use room service and probably should have.  I kept forgetting we could.  

We had a guest suite on Explorer of the Seas last July. We never had to check out towels, we enjoyed the suite lounge every evening, breakfast in Chops every morning. The first server in Chops was Sunshine and she was great. Our second morning we had a terrible server who brought us tepid coffee and cold food after 30 minutes.  He never returned to ask how everything was, I had asked for cheese to top off my grits and it never melted because it was cold. My husband spoke to our Concierge Frederico about our breakfast and the next morning Sunshine was back, and the coffee was hot and the food warm. I enjoy the perks of suite life and our concierge was awesome.  That was a third time in a suite and the only time we've ever had a problem which Federico quickly and quietly solved. Looking forward to our first cruise on OAS in December in a suite.😁😁😁

On 10/19/2023 at 9:15 PM, Gonz23 said:

Anyone know what time the sail away party is? I made dinner reservations at 6pm and I would rather be at the sail away 😄

You can do both.  As our server said on the Liberty,  why not.