Priority tender platinum level, and more port day questions

giginevelyn

I should know this; however, we rarely get off as soon as we dock and I don't know if things have changed post-Covid. What is the process for getting priority tendering for platinum-level guests, no Carnival excursion? Also, if you want to be one of the first off the ship (non-tender port), is there any priority advantage for platinum guests? If so, what is the process? I have 2 ports on an upcoming cruise where I have planned something requiring me to get off asap. 

Last question. When it says we arrive in port at 8 a.m., refresh my memory, are we able get off at 8 or we wait for clearance, and then get off as soon as they announce we can. 

TIA!

Just off the Glory a week ago.  Priority folks who wanted to disembark early were seated as they arrived, and released to disembark in the same order of arrival.  Priority folks disembarked first.

They did the same for the non-priority guests... sat them in a different section and were released, in order of arrival, after the last of the priority folks were released. 

7 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Oh... and it's assumed that you are self-disembarking with your luggage.  If not, then you will have to wait for your luggage to be loaded off the ship based on your luggage priority tag -- kind of defeats the purpose of getting off the ship early.

10 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Just off the Glory a week ago.  Priority folks who wanted to disembark early were seated as they arrived, and released to disembark in the same order of arrival.  Priority folks disembarked first.

They did the same for the non-priority guests... sat them in a different section and were released, in order of arrival, after the last of the priority folks were released. 

They aren't asking about debarkation

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, giginevelyn said:

I should know this; however, we rarely get off as soon as we dock and I don't know if things have changed post-Covid. What is the process for getting priority tendering for platinum-level guests, no Carnival excursion? Also, if you want to be one of the first off the ship (non-tender port), is there any priority advantage for platinum guests? If so, what is the process? I have 2 ports on an upcoming cruise where I have planned something requiring me to get off asap. 

Last question. When it says we arrive in port at 8 a.m., refresh my memory, are we able get off at 8 or we wait for clearance, and then get off as soon as they announce we can. 

TIA!

It depends on the number of Platinum/Diamond guests on your cruise.   We are on a B2B.   We received this email yesterday.   It only effects next week, not this week.   Again we got this yesterday (8 days before next week's cruise), so you may not know if you will have access to priority debarkation until a week before your cruise.   

GUEST ADVISORY

VIFP DIAMOND & PLATINUM BENEFITS UPDATE
CARNIVAL VENEZIA – SEPTEMBER 29, 2023

September 22, 2023

Dear Diamond & Platinum Guests, 

As you prepare for your cruise, we have an important update. 

Due to the high number of Diamond and Platinum guests joining us on this voyage, we will not be able to provide priority embarkation or debarkation (including at any of the ports of call). 

Additionally, staterooms will be ready after 1:30 PM. Once on board, please feel free to drop off any carry-on luggage in your stateroom before heading to lunch. 

Related to Diamond guests, due to capacity limitations, we cannot guarantee main dining room seating requests for dinner.

This operational change is consistent with other Carnival Journeys cruises where we have a very large number of Diamond and Platinum guests. We apologize for any disappointment and thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise. 

Sincerely,
Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

15 hours ago, giginevelyn said:

I'll defer to others on how priority tendering works for Platinum guests (flashes Platinum card for the fun of it 😁) since I don't have any recent experience with it on Carnival.  I do know that, across all cruise lines including Carnival, the people who have early excursions with the cruise line will be the first on the tenders.  They'll have special meeting places.

There's no Platinum priority on getting off in non-tender ports.  Listen to the announcements for when you can get off.  Sometimes the Captain will arrive early and you can get off early, if you can get cleared early.  

• Like 2