Serenity cabins

vino100

We are finally going to book a cruise on Crystal. We had a cruise booked when the old Crystal went bankrupt. We lost our deposit ,but with all the great reviews we are going to try again.

So what is the difference between classic and new design. We haven't decided the category yet. Either double veranda or Aquamarine. Are the tvs across from the beds or at an angle. Of course with Alaska's scenery, I'm not sure how much tv watching we will do.

We usually like aft suites, but on a smaller ship is the motion that bad on front .

Thanks for any help. 

Aquamarine has three designs.

Classic, former Seabreeze and new 2023 versions. 

My favorite is the classic. Yes they are older and haven't been updated but I have always loved the layout including two desks; one of the two serves as a makeup desk as well. Lots of shelf space. Nice placement of the TV over the couch.

The latter two are newer and don't have a bath tub (we don't use one) and have nice rain showers.  Downside with the former Seabreeze is the coffee table which cannot be raised making it more challenge to eat in the room and they share an entry area with one other Aquamarine and this means less space compared to the classic. There are only a couple of new Aquamarine created this year and the are on deck 9 and all they way forward so if you don't like a bumpy ride I would avoid that location. They look very nice but I still prefer the classic and the classic gives you lots of locations to choose from.

Double Rooms are all newly designed so just look at the photos to get a feel for them.

If the price is good, I would go with the Aquamarine for the added space and for a some additional amenities. Doubles have been very nicely done and of course all new.  Have extra plugs and nice layout. Unfortunately, they lost some space in the closet.

Keith 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AtA said:

Double rooms might work for a single person,but the closet space and storage space is way too small for 2 people

Would anyone who has stayed in the new double cabins care to comment on their experience regarding the closet and storage spaces?  Particularly, any tips on how best to manage the situation. 

We have a double on Serenity booked for next year and now are re-thinking our cabin selection.  Thanks.

21 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Aquamarine has three designs.

Classic, former Seabreeze and new 2023 versions. 

My favorite is the classic. Yes they are older and haven't been updated but I have always loved the layout including two desks; one of the two serves as a makeup desk as well. Lots of shelf space. Nice placement of the TV over the couch.

The latter two are newer and don't have a bath tub (we don't use one) and have nice rain showers.  Downside with the former Seabreeze is the coffee table which cannot be raised making it more challenge to eat in the room and they share an entry area with one other Aquamarine and this means less space compared to the classic. There are only a couple of new Aquamarine created this year and the are on deck 9 and all they way forward so if you don't like a bumpy ride I would avoid that location. They look very nice but I still prefer the classic and the classic gives you lots of locations to choose from.

Double Rooms are all newly designed so just look at the photos to get a feel for them.

If the price is good, I would go with the Aquamarine for the added space and for a some additional amenities. Doubles have been very nicely done and of course all new.  Have extra plugs and nice layout. Unfortunately, they lost some space in the closet.

Keith 

Thank you. You really are such a great help with anything Crystal. 

• Like 1