What to do?? Wrong Celebrity Luggage Tags

Kroozin

Hello Cruisers,

I love these boards. I've been following for over a year now since our first cruise on Celebrity's Century last April. You are all so helpful.

We got our tickets yesterday for our upcoming cruise on the Century, April 9. We are sooooo excited!!

However, I'm a bit concerned about the luggage tags that were included in our ticket booklet. We have changed staterooms since we booked, and although the upgraded stateroom number appears on the ticket, the colour-coded luggage tags do not have the correct room number or deck on them.

My husband called Celebrity last night to see if new ones could be mailed out, but we're worried we won't get them in time and that our luggage will be lost.

Has anyone else had this happen? What did you do?

Any, all advice appreciated!! Thanks

You can do any of two things. First wait for the luggage tags and hope they will come or wait until you get to the place that you embark. At the place of embarcation they always have blank luggage tags and then you can fill them out there. It is not a problem.

Marilyn

Thanks, Marilyn

I am trying to remember the procedure last year when we arrived at the pier in Fort Lauderdale. I seem to recall getting out of our taxi and a couple of porters immediately taking our bags from us and placing them in huge luggage containers. Do these people have the blank luggage tags you're referring to?

Thanks again

Kroozin I am trying to remember to but if they do not have them don't let them have your luggage until you find out who has them. Sorry cannot remember either.:confused:

\

Marilyn

Yes, the porters will have blank luggage tags, you then fill them out with your correct state room.

Phil

Thanks Phil: My memory just went brain dead there for a minute.:confused:

Marilyn

Yes, the porters do have the blank tags at FLL but they really move quick when your luggage is unloaded from the taxi or car - so be prepared to tell the porter reaching for your luggage that you need new tags for your luggage.:) Otherwise your luggage could be loaded into a bin faster than a speeding bullet and you'll be standing there waiting for your mouth to spit out the words, ``stop, I need help.'' :eek:

I just wish grocery check out clerks could move one tenth as fast as porters at the cruise docks.:D

Dianne

The TA we used last year for our Summit cruise used the equivalent of an e-ticket, no final docs mailed to us so we had to get the blank luggage tags when we got to the pier in FLL and then check in at a special desk. They had us just fill out our last name, deck and cabin number, they put the tags on the bags, took their tip and shooed us away.... Only took about 30-45 seconds and we had 3 checked bags.

This happened to us on our Jan cruise, because we upgraded at the last minite & the luggage tags had already been mailed. Captains Club rep advised that I change the room number & the deck number on the tags with a black magic marker. I was a little worried, but figured as long as the bags got on the ship, they would eventually find their way to our stateroom. Sure enough, our bags were delivered shortly after 2p the afternoon we boarded. The rep said that this way, you didn't have to mess with new tags at the pier, but she said either way, you will get your luggage.

Thanks Everyone,

You've put our minds at ease. Hopefully our new tags will come in the mail before we leave (Surely the mail from U.S. to Canada can't take that long!)

I shall tuck a nice Sharpie marker in my purse for filling out new luggage tags just in case.

Three weeks from tomorrow, we shall be sailing away......:D

Kroozin ~ we've had this happen before as well. We went the Sharpie route and just crossed out the old cabin number and deck and wrote in the new one. Luggage arrived without any problem.

Have a GREAT cruise.

On our last cruise we upgraded at the pier. If your luggage does't show up in a timely fashion talk to your cabin steward give him your original cabin and he will take care of it.We waited a little to get our things which I could understand but the staff was great in getting our things.As a side a couple of bucks up front goes a long way.

Tom

Archived