Koningsdam and Eurodam in Juneau on September 25, 2023

leerathje

Sigh….even though things are quiet in Juneau, I don’t know why, but my schedule shows Koningsdam at FKL dock…

ms Koningsdam will be at FKL dock from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm, and she is on a 7 day Alaska Inside Passage, and MS Eurodam will be at CT dock from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm and she is on a 7 day Alaska Explorer.

image.jpeg.a9a78f39d9cdb439dbf93adfb8fbd0cc.jpeg

image.jpeg.ffda8b5049cef45a8748f74a3adbeae9.jpeg

Also in port is Seabourn Odyssey at AJD dock (7:00 am to 4:00 pm)

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Next up:  Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam on September 26, 2023

Leanne

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sailawayward said:

what are you sighing about?

FKL dock is usually occupied by Princess ships, and is not usually used by other cruise lines, particularly when there's only 3 ships in port, which is the case today.  There is no reason for the Koningsdam to be berthed there, so warning those who follow the sail in that, although that is the dock listed, it will probably be wrong, so that is my sigh of frustration.

It's a pain in my a**!

L.

1 hour ago, sailawayward said:

so you were planning on watching the Koningsdam come in and have to go to another pier?

Yes.  The FKL dock is further away from the webcam, so the opportunity to enjoy the sail in is greatly diminished.  Plus, I post a sail in thread for every HAL ship that comes into Juneau, and I try to provide correct information for those who watch the sail in.  There is no reason for the Koningsdam to be berthing at the FKL dock today, and often when there are only a few ships in port and the schedule says it is docking at the FKL dock, it actually does not.

L.

18 minutes ago, sailawayward said:

Alleviating congestion at the port with another ship arriving at the same time sounds like a good enough reason. 

I understand, but there are only 3 ships in port today, and the Odyssey is already there.  There is no congestion today.

I'm just letting those who watch the sail ins know that the listing that I have for Juneau port may be incorrect.

L.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, leerathje said:

I understand, but there are only 3 ships in port today, and the Odyssey is already there.  There is no congestion today.

I'm just letting those who watch the sail ins know that the listing that I have for Juneau port may be incorrect.

L.

And it appears that Odyssey may be the view blocker.  Berth assignments seem totally random.

Both ships past the Tracy Arm Cutoff.

Roy