Transfer booking made with Seabourn to a Travel Agent

FengShui@Sea

Usually the on board rep knows who we booked with and she gets a notification the next day from Seabourn.  Never a problem nor with Scenic.  Have not yet booked onboard with Regent but suspect similar given a conversation with the person whose contact is in every email I get from them.  Seabourn does have internal sales people who multiple friends sometimes use (despite 20 cruises I never was contacted by anyone and not complaining just find it interesting people with a lot less days have been) and they compete against travel agents.  Murky waters in that regard IMO 

Thank you all for your comments.  Unfortunately, my window of opportunity has passed.  I very recently made a reservation with Seabourn using a travel agent.  Over the weekend I noticed that Seabourn was offering my cruise at the same price but with a $1,000 shipboard credit. 

I contacted my TA to ask if I could rebook to get the credit.  However, even though I sent screenshots of the promotion to him, Seabourn told my agent they knew nothing of that promotion.  So my plan was to book directly with Seabourn online and transfer the booking back to my TA.  However, as Murphys Law would have it they changed the promotion yesterday to an air credit, which I don't need.  🙄

7 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

Thank you all for your comments.  Unfortunately, my window of opportunity has passed.  I very recently made a reservation with Seabourn using a travel agent.  Over the weekend I noticed that Seabourn was offering my cruise at the same price but with a $1,000 shipboard credit. 

I contacted my TA to ask if I could rebook to get the credit.  However, even though I sent screenshots of the promotion to him, Seabourn told my agent they knew nothing of that promotion.  So my plan was to book directly with Seabourn online and transfer the booking back to my TA.  However, as Murphys Law would have it they changed the promotion yesterday to an air credit, which I don't need.  🙄

Your TA should have been able to get the credit.   There are a fair amount of newbies on the payroll who automatically say no. A good TA can press with the facts or call back and get someone with a clue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Your TA should have been able to get the credit.   There are a fair amount of newbies on the payroll who automatically say no. A good TA can press with the facts or call back and get someone with a clue.

Those were my thoughts exactly.  He had a screenshot off of Seabourn's website showing the promotion and pricing.  Why he didn't make more of an effort is beyond me.  It's a new TA I am working with, and not very impressed so far.  

4 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

Those were my thoughts exactly.  He had a screenshot off of Seabourn's website showing the promotion and pricing.  Why he didn't make more of an effort is beyond me.  It's a new TA I am working with, and not very impressed so far.  

Change the TA otherwise they will cost you dearly.