Reservation transferable?

D1324tt

It is not clear.  Do you mean transferable to another person or transferable to another cruise?

AFIK a cruise booking can not be transferred to another booking on a different cruise.  Particularly if it is after final payment, penalty schedule applies.  Prior to final payment it will likely be a cancel and create a new booking scenario at the prices at that moment.

As far as transfering to another person/name change, that will be up to Princess and may incur a fee.

If this is not correct, I am sure later posts will correct

In our experience, you can make changes to the passengers in a cabin as long as one of the two original people on the booking remains on the reservation. Right before COVID, my husband and I were scheduled for a brief trip on the Royal but something came up with his business and he couldn't get away. We ended up replacing him with my son who went with me. It was actually within a couple weeks of the cruise, but we were still early enough to make the change as the manifest hadn't been submitted and it was pretty easy as my son was a previous Princess cruiser so they were able to quickly make the swap. We have also substituted third/fourth passenger as well on other trips.

But I don't believe you can transfer entire reservation to other people - that would just be a cancelation and rebooking.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

It is not clear.  Do you mean transferable to another person or transferable to another cruise?

AFIK a cruise booking can not be transferred to another booking on a different cruise.  Particularly if it is after final payment, penalty schedule applies.  Prior to final payment it will likely be a cancel and create a new booking scenario at the prices at that moment.

As far as transfering to another person/name change, that will be up to Princess and may incur a fee.

If this is not correct, I am sure later posts will correct

Yes, my question has to do with, for instance, transferring from one couple to another.

Thank you

I had the same experience as KarateMom.  I booked with my son.  Due to scheduling, he couldn't go, so I convinced a friend to come instead.  I was able to change Passenger #2.  Even though they told me it would be a $50 charge, nothing was billed to my credit card.