Large group dining on the Beyond

Kenhel

We are trying to book a large table in the MDRs on the Beyond in Feb 2024. We are 5 separate cruise bookings totalling 9 people. We called Celebrity and asked the dining department to set this up for us but they said they cannot accommodate us and we will need to speak with the maitre d once we are onboard.  One of the couples already has reservations for a table for 2 at 6:30 or 7:00pm on most nights. Have others had success with the maitre d expanding an existing dining reservation to a larger table or 2-3 smaller tables side by side? 

• Like 1

Even though it appears on the website that you can book a time for a table on an edge class ship, this is not the case. It’s entirely open seating. So the information you received was correct. If you want a table like that, you must arrange it on board with the Maitre D.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Even though it appears on the website that you can book a time for a table on an edge class ship, this is not the case. It’s entirely open seating. So the information you received was correct. If you want a table like that, you must arrange it on board with the Maitre D.

I’m on Apex in Feb 24 and I have reservations across all 4 MDRs already booked.  I think the challenge for the original poster is the size of the table.

6 minutes ago, ElmaLee said:

I’m on Apex in Feb 24 and I have reservations across all 4 MDRs already booked.  I think the challenge for the original poster is the size of the table.

Yes the online system has you reserved but once on ship, you'll find it pointless. Booking dining reservations online hasn't mattered on my last 2 sailings, one was as recent as last month. The e-class ships have open dining across all 4 Main Dining Rooms. 

The Maitre"d onboard will help the OP with a table of that size but might have to stick with the same MDR each night. 

Patty 

37 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

This has been my experience as well. 

Patty 

2 hours ago, ElmaLee said:

I know you think you have reservation’s  booked but once you are on board you will find out that you don’t. On M and S class ships you can book reservations for dinner but the E class ships are all open seating

Just now, WestLakeGirl said:

I know you think you have reservation’s  booked but once you are on board you will find out that you don’t. On M and S class ships you can book reservations for dinner but the E class ships are all open seating

On Edge in August MDRs had two queues at busy times, one for those with reservations, one for those without.  I saw people without reservations being turned away or offered a pager.  Hostess staff always checked reservation details before seating us.

Thanks for all the responses. I can see our best option will be to connect with the maître d on embarkation. If we need to limit to one restaurant we will only dine together as large group on a few nights as we prefer to rotate MDRs. Thanks again!

• Like 2