Vancouver port confusion

negn

We boarded yesterday   We were “green” and had our medallions.   No signs for green or blue and I was sent into a huge line.  When I questioned this was told I had to stand in this line.    Luckily, my DH asked someone else and we were directed to the security screening instead   How many unfortunate people were misdirected?   My advice is to get your medallions precruise or show up later.   (We were there at 1130)

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Hmmm....how many of us have no idea what "green" and medallions relate to?

I think medallions refers to Princess? They now ship the medallions (fancy room "key" with all info stored) to Canada.

No idea about the "green" though.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly from our April cruise to Alaska out of Canada Place, "green" just means you completed the advance check-in online, and "blue" meant you hadn't. But we didn't have our medallions yet (they weren't shipping them to Canadian guests yet), so we still had to wait in the line.

Canada Place is not the best-organized cruise terminal. It's a convention centre that gets pressed into cruise duty during the summer, rather than a dedicated facility, and that shows in the set-up and the frequent conflicting information depending on who you talk to on site.