Onboard Spend Question

Minnie29

However note that one option is no longer possible.  We used to make an open booking while on board, that is make a deposit to be used the next time we book Cunard.  Cunard used to offer a modest amount of OBC for these open bookings.  That program has been cancelled.

4 hours ago, tv24 said:

However note that one option is no longer possible.  We used to make an open booking while on board, that is make a deposit to be used the next time we book Cunard.  Cunard used to offer a modest amount of OBC for these open bookings.  That program has been cancelled.

Future Cruise Deposits are still available to those in the US and Canada.  We bought two on the QE just three months ago. I hope they have not been discontinued since then. The cost for us was $390 pp in Canadian funds, so obviously it would be less in US funds.  They offer the same on-board credit as booking a cruise on-board and they are valid for four years and are fully refundable.

Edited by david,Mississauga
clarification

47 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

Future Cruise Deposits are still available to those in the US and Canada.  We bought two on the QE just three months ago. I hope they have not been discontinued since then. The cost for us was $390 pp in Canadian funds, so obviously it would be less in US funds.  They offer the same on-board credit as booking a cruise on-board and they are valid for four years and are fully refundable.

We tried to do this on the QE about 3 weeks ago and were told that this program is no longer available.

6 minutes ago, tv24 said:

We tried to do this on the QE about 3 weeks ago and were told that this program is no longer available.

We were told the same thing onboard the QM2 in May.

Followed up by calling Cunard World Club as some here were reporting that they were purchasing FCD's onboard that included OBC.

CWC rep confirmed availability ,and wrong info onboard . Allowed us to purchase FCD over phone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCC retired said:

We were told the same thing onboard the QM2 in May.

Followed up by calling Cunard World Club as some here were reporting that they were purchasing FCD's onboard that included OBC.

CWC rep confirmed availability ,and wrong info onboard . Allowed us to purchase FCD over phone. 

I'm sorry, but my memory is slipping.  I received this information on the QM2 in May, 2023, just like MCC Retired did.  I guess I should have been more aggressive and called Cunard, or even asked when we were on the QE this month.  So it seems as though the Cunard sales rep on the QM2 was providing inaccurate information.  Oh well.  It's not the end of the world.  I will pursue this the next time we are on board a Cunard ship.