Tea and coffee making facilities

Cruisemeister2002

Hi everyone, having been a fairly regular cruiser on P&O from Southampton we are used to having tea and coffee making facilities in our cabin. Can anyone of you regular Princess cruise passengers tell me whether Princess ships have these facilities. I know that our next cruise will have access to free delivery to our cabin by a steward but would prefer a kettle and tea, coffee and milk to be available whenever we are in our cabin. 

1 minute ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Princess, from the UK, have a small kettle, Douwe Egberts coffee sachets and single pack Tetley tea bags. Unlike P&O no biscuits.

You can get specialty coffees, teas and hot chocolate on room service at a charge - from $2.50 up to $8.00 for an Irish Coffee

If I have paid for the drinks package and that includes alcoholic drinks up to $15 per drink, juices from the juice bar and speciality coffee's how does this work with room service or is it still extra ?

sorry never had one of the packages. 

I think, and happy to be corrected, that whilst many things on room service are free, there is still a charge for premium items, for example after you have paid your approx $15 for your first room service delivery (no charge after that) you would get say a burger and fries free but would pay for a steak. Drinks are shown as chargeable on room service but perhaps someone who has paid for one of the packages would clarify that.

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

sorry never had one of the packages. 

I think, and happy to be corrected, that whilst many things on room service are free, there is still a charge for premium items, for example after you have paid your approx $15 for your first room service delivery (no charge after that) you would get say a burger and fries free but would pay for a steak. Drinks are shown as chargeable on room service but perhaps someone who has paid for one of the packages would clarify that.

Sorry for being a pest. But with regards to drinks P&O allow 1 ltr per passenger to be taken aboard, does Princess do the same. Maybe we won't need it as apparently we get a "Free" mini bar in our cabin. Again don't know if this is replenished and if it is whether it continues to be free.

Princess say the same but we ignore that rule as we do for P&O - No tutting please!

Boarding in Southampton, if packing it well within your cases nobody is there to police it, same from a steward point of view, they won't tell. Might be a different story for carry-ons.

Mini bar set up for us this time, currently in a suite on Sky, was 4 small bottles of Whisky, 4 of Vodka, 2 bottles of Peroni, 2 cans Sprite, 2 cans Coke and bottled water. The water is replaced daily but not the other items.

(By the way the Skynet internet connection is well worth the money)

3 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

If I have paid for the drinks package and that includes alcoholic drinks up to $15 per drink, juices from the juice bar and specialty coffee's how does this work with room service or is it still extra ?

If you have the plus fare, which it sounds like you have, then almost all non alcoholic beverages are included and unlimited, including specialty coffees, juices and so on. Also included is room service if ordered by the app or over the phone.

If you have the stand alone beverage package, which I add is not cost effective at all, then you will have to pay a one time charge of $15 to be able to order using the app. Additionally you will have to pay $5 for each delivery ordered over the phone.

There is no charge for ordering using the breakfast door hanger which has continental items. 

6 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Hi everyone, having been a fairly regular cruiser on P&O from Southampton we are used to having tea and coffee making facilities in our cabin. Can anyone of you regular Princess cruise passengers tell me whether Princess ships have these facilities. I know that our next cruise will have access to free delivery to our cabin by a steward but would prefer a kettle and tea, coffee and milk to be available whenever we are in our cabin. 

This answer will differ depending on where you are sailing. Kettles are standard on UK sailings. I have also had success requesting a kettle on other sailings. Not a tea drinker, but I want my coffee when I first get up in the morning and DH is usually still asleep. A kettle and Starbucks Via is perfect. 

• Like 3

On 9/28/2023 at 8:00 PM, Hampshire Steve said:

Princess say the same but we ignore that rule as we do for P&O - No tutting please!

Boarding in Southampton, if packing it well within your cases nobody is there to police it, same from a steward point of view, they won't tell. Might be a different story for carry-ons.

Mini bar set up for us this time, currently in a suite on Sky, was 4 small bottles of Whisky, 4 of Vodka, 2 bottles of Peroni, 2 cans Sprite, 2 cans Coke and bottled water. The water is replaced daily but not the other items.

(By the way the Skynet internet connection is well worth the money)

Hi, another Princess newbie here! We have a mini suite booked on Sky next June, will we have a bar set up?

1 minute ago, waggie said:

Hi, another Princess newbie here! We have a mini suite booked on Sky next June, will we have a bar set up?

Mini suite will not have a bar set up unless you are Elite level.

In terms of kettles and coffee/tea set up on Princess cruises, we have only seen them on our cruises out of Southampton. We have never had them in our cabin on any of our other Princess cruises outside of the UK. I would imagine you can ask your room steward if they can supply one, but Princess ships outside the UK market may not have them available for passengers.

7 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Mini suite will not have a bar set up unless you are Elite level.

In terms of kettles and coffee/tea set up on Princess cruises, we have only seen them on our cruises out of Southampton. We have never had them in our cabin on any of our other Princess cruises outside of the UK. I would imagine you can ask your room steward if they can supply one, but Princess ships outside the UK market may not have them available for passengers.

Thank you - we are sailing out of Southampton, so the kettle etc. should be there.