BOGO Deviation Request

sec1jrs

Hello everyone - I am new to NCL and NCL BOGO.   I have read a lot of reviews on BOGO and NCL AIR.  I understand a deviation of +1/2 days before and after the cruise is highly recommended (or at least pre-cruise).  I do have the +1 pre-cruise and +2 post cruise.   Couple of questions:

1.) Since I have a +1 pre-cruise, what are my time expectations on arriving?   The flight will be from LAX to OSL.   We would prefer to arrive early afternoon to give us time to tour Oslo.  If NCL gives us a late evening arrival, would I be able to change it?

2.) Return Flight is from London to LAX.   Would I be able to call the airlines directly and modify my flight plans?  We will be visiting France on the +2 post cruise.  We would like to fly out of France instead of going back to London.   If the airlines approve (I'm sure with fees), are there any consequences with NCL?

Thank you,

Pre-cruise, there's no time expectation except arrival 1 day prior to the cruise departure, can be any time that day.  When you find out, it will be too late to change, get the 2 day now.

Post-cruise, ask now if NCL will book your return France to LAX.  Depending on which airline you will be booked on, you may not have the opportunity to modify.

• Like 1

If your flight is booked by a third party (which this is), the airline will not talk to you directly.  Any change has to be arranged through the agency that booked the flight. 

As mentioned above, at some time (varies between 24-48 hours) before departure, the "control" is handed over the airline. 

Don't assume that a change at the airport will be easy.  Some European airlines (British Airways being a leading example) will not allow you to make any changes on tickets (unless you had bought a full fare ticket directly from them) unless there is disruption of some sort

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 7:13 PM, sec1jrs said:

1.) Since I have a +1 pre-cruise, what are my time expectations on arriving?   The flight will be from LAX to OSL.   We would prefer to arrive early afternoon to give us time to tour Oslo.  If NCL gives us a late evening arrival, would I be able to change it?

Most likely you will take a red eye from LAX, or whatever the connecting airport is, to Oslo. This will likely put you in Oslo in the morning. It's possible it will be afternoon/evening, depending on what you get, but I'd say you will probably get there before noon, one day before your cruise.

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Most likely you will take a red eye from LAX, or whatever the connecting airport is, to Oslo. This will likely put you in Oslo in the morning. It's possible it will be afternoon/evening, depending on what you get, but I'd say you will probably get there before noon, one day before your cruise.

That would be great if we get there before noon or early afternoon.  Thanks

• Like 1

while the offer, in and of itself, isnt bad, i have posted before, if what you have posted flightwise, is really what you wish to do, i STRONGELY, suggest you book your own flights. that way you can pick the time of departure, estimate the arrival time, depart from wherever you wish and most importantly what category seats you want.  Just google an airline, chooses multi-city and go from there. It may cost a little more, but for my money (and i dont presume to tell anyone else how to spend their's) it's well worth it.

personally, i would never let ncl book/choose my flights, regardless  of flights. Since you're flying from lax to oslo, visualize sitting in economy for the entire duration, then to make matters worse, visualize being stuck in the middle seat.

NO THANKS!

11 hours ago, complawyer said:

personally, i would never let ncl book/choose my flights, regardless  of flights. Since you're flying from lax to oslo, visualize sitting in economy for the entire duration, then to make matters worse, visualize being stuck in the middle seat.

LAX to Oslo is super long! I'm hoping there is a connection somewhere to allow for a nice walk through the airport. My flight in November is a NCL BOGO Air trip from JFK to Paris to Barcelona. Actually, it starts in Syracuse, so two connections. One way, $600 for both of us combined. I checked airfare when the ticket was secured by NCL for us about 90'ish days ahead of travel. The same ticket would have cost us $3,600 for both of us combined. I'll take economy, stuck in the middle seat for that. And remember, I'm a big guy!

But, we selected an upgrade, still within economy through Air France's website after our tickets were sent to us. You can do this, depending on the airline. We're up front on that long JFK to Charles de Gaulle flight. One seat has more legroom. The other has no seat in front of it so tons of legroom! This cost us a whopping extra $100. We also get one free checked bag and two carry on bags at no extra charge, plus a late night meal as the flight is a red eye! 

We might cruise Haven, but we don't have business/first class airplane money. For those that do, wonderful! Definitely do not book NCL BOGO Air. If you are ok with economy and saving thousands, then book NCL BOGO Air. Just know what you're getting into, because your concerns are definitely valid! 

And, two day deviation! So now, thanks to the red eye and connecting flight from Paris to Barcelona, we get almost two full days in Barcelona to explore! 

I consider us winners on this itinerary at these prices! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

But, we selected an upgrade, still within economy through Air France's website after our tickets were sent to us.

We don't do BOGO, so we have to get whatever we can out of our travel card points. I discovered that our card won't transfer points/miles to Delta (which has the best flights), but they will transfer to Air France. On our itinerary, Air France uses all Delta routes! We're getting nearly free roundtrip airfare to Europe on the exact flights we wanted. Can't beat that with stick....

• Like 1