Onboard airline check-in?

CruiserDoll

We are sailing on the Magic from San Diego.  Do they offer onboard airline check-in where they will transfer your luggage to the airline so that you don't have to claim that at the port and re-check them at the airport?

If it is offered, do you need to use Disney's shuttle service to take advantage of it?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, CruiserDoll said:

We are sailing on the Magic from San Diego.  Do they offer onboard airline check-in where they will transfer your luggage to the airline so that you don't have to claim that at the port and re-check them at the airport?

If it is offered, do you need to use Disney's shuttle service to take advantage of it?

Thanks!

It's my understanding DCL no longer offers onboard airline check in.  At the end of the cruise, you can leave your bags outside your door for them to take off the ship, but you must claim them in the terminal and take them to whatever transportation you've arranged to the airport, where you check your bags in yourself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shmoo here said:

It's my understanding DCL no longer offers onboard airline check in.  At the end of the cruise, you can leave your bags outside your door for them to take off the ship, but you must claim them in the terminal and take them to whatever transportation you've arranged to the airport, where you check your bags in yourself.

Thank you - I found people posting about it for other ports and I wasn't sure if it was dependent on port/ship or across the whole line.   It's a really great service - I'm surprised they don't offer it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 7:45 PM, CruiserDoll said:

Thank you - I found people posting about it for other ports and I wasn't sure if it was dependent on port/ship or across the whole line.   It's a really great service - I'm surprised they don't offer it.

This is a service offered by some airports .
Seattle international is part of Port of Seattle and they do offer this .

You sign up on cruise and give your info regarding airline, flight etc.

service is free and many who cruise out of Seattle enjoy this service as they are able to take time touring city etc.

Disney sails out of Vancouver for Alaska cruises. Not sure if they have this service.

Edited by phissy

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 5:47 PM, phissy said:

Disney sails out of Vancouver for Alaska cruises. Not sure if they have this service.

I think it's unlikely. Even when they had this service in US ports or in the WDW resorts, it was only for US-based domestic flights so being in Canada we were never able to take advantage of it. If you are crossing the border, it's not available. 

• Like 1