How to book specialty dining before we sail?

KKB

4 hours ago, KKB said:

We sail 2 weeks from Weds.

I have looked on our online account, on the app--what am I missing???

You should be able to make MDR or Specialty Dining reservations in the Dine my Way section on the APP. With only 2 weeks before sailing, availability at this point may be very limited and you might have to wait till you board to make requests.

Booked our specialty dining on Enchanted for 2024 on the app with no problem. Go to DMW and click on Add Reservation.  Choose the day you want and then scroll to time.  Then choose which restaurant you want.  Confirm reservation.  You will be presented with the bill and how you wish to pay.  Done!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wallyj said:

You should be able to make MDR or Specialty Dining reservations in the Dine my Way section on the APP. With only 2 weeks before sailing, availability at this point may be very limited and you might have to wait till you board to make requests.

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Booked our specialty dining on Enchanted for 2024 on the app with no problem. Go to DMW and click on Add Reservation.  Choose the day you want and then scroll to time.  Then choose which restaurant you want.  Confirm reservation.  You will be presented with the bill and how you wish to pay.  Done!

Thank you both.

When I looked at this, it appeared I could only make DMW ressies...so I assumed just MDR.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KKB said:

Thank you both.

When I looked at this, it appeared I could only make DMW ressies...so I assumed just MDR.

The app is not always user friendly, for sure.  Glad you were able to make your reservations.

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

The app is not always user friendly, for sure.  Glad you were able to make your reservations.

Yes, I'm not a fan of how the daily activities scroll both up & down & side to side...too easy to miss things.

I can see how it SEEMED like a good idea, but it sure isn't user friendly.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, aussiecruiser275 said:

How far in advance does specialty dining go on sale ? Is there a hard and fast rule or could vary  by months and say try every few months 

It is available as soon as the booking appears in the App with a deposit paid - IF your Captain's Circle Member level is Platinum or Elite.  If you are booked in Reserve Class and not yet Platinum, should also be able to book SD.  Otherwise, you wait until you have made Final Payment (you can elect to pay early).

The above is the official policy.  However, some folks without the necessary member level have reported being able to make reservations.

Also, DMW may be acting up on you and prevent a booking at times.  Try the Web version of the App.  You can also call Princess and use the phone tree option to get help with DMW.

• Thanks 1

I had problems on our November 2024 booking SD on the app.  However, I was able to do it directly through the website on my laptop and booked them without issue.  Later when i went back to the app, it showed them as booked.  We are platinum. 

Under booked guests choose Cruise personalizer.  Then choose Check-In (even if you have already done so).  It will ask you to download the app, but there is a link at the bottom to do the web version instead.  Once there, scroll down to DMW and make you choices there.  

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2023 at 11:08 PM, KKB said:

We sail 2 weeks from Weds.

I have looked on our online account, on the app--what am I missing???

Good Luck I start booking 60 days in advance. Elite diner book 90 days in advance. Just walk in !