Shadowmeboy's Suntastic 10-Night Alaskan Anniversary Cruise Adventure

shadowmeboy

16 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks so much for another great and picture-filled review! 👍The weather seemed beautiful. 

Your welcome! This had to be the best weather trip we have ever had in Alaska. As I mentioned in the review, the only bad days were the days we were at sea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beachfrog said:

Wow! What an amazing review! We will be on the Sun, September 2024. What are the best excursions you would recommend?

Ketchikan - Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Excursion

Juneau - Dog Sled Ride Excursion or Whale Watching through Harv & Marv

Skagway - White Pass & Yukon Railroad is a must; Make sure to do the train.

Sitka - Sitka Tours Birds, bears, and barnacles excursion or something close to that book privately through them.

ISP - If you like the Zipline do the Zipline; The ATV excursion is awesome as well; Also a good port to do whale watching.

Victoria - Eagle Wing Tours was awesome; We are planning to do Butchart Gardens in April.

3 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

Ketchikan - Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Excursion

Juneau - Dog Sled Ride Excursion or Whale Watching through Harv & Marv

Skagway - White Pass & Yukon Railroad is a must; Make sure to do the train.

Sitka - Sitka Tours Birds, bears, and barnacles excursion or something close to that book privately through them.

ISP - If you like the Zipline do the Zipline; The ATV excursion is awesome as well; Also a good port to do whale watching.

Victoria - Eagle Wing Tours was awesome; We are planning to do Butchart Gardens in April.

Oh, thank you so much! We did the crab boat on our first trip. (It was the excursion that got my DH to go to Alaska!) We thoroughly enjoyed it.

I definitely want to do a train ride on this trip. I was looking at the White Pass railway and suspension bridge. However, for our port date, I saw the bridge is closed for the season. I’m not sure if we would still stop there or not.

I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing your photos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2023 at 8:42 AM, shadowmeboy said:

Thank You! We leave in a few days!

Thanks for another great review. Can you add a link here when you post about the Christmas cruise? Love reading your detailed posts! And wave if you are ever in Aberdeen! (Or passing through to the beach.)

Hey, @shadowmeboyI always enjoy your reviews but this one is especially appreciated as we just booked the Sun to Alaska for this May. It will be our 4th time cruising Alaska, previously on the Encore, the Bliss and the Jewel, but I'm so excited to be doing 9 days and looking forward to cruising on the Sun. Your review has been so helpful and I'm now reading your review of the Sun from 2017. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for all of the great photos. I've gotten some great suggestions from you. I'm really looking forward to hearing about your Hawaii cruise this year. Are you sailing on the POA? We've cruised on her twice, once on the cruise tour, and loved it both times.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:04 PM, NikiPinkston said:

Hey, @shadowmeboyI always enjoy your reviews but this one is especially appreciated as we just booked the Sun to Alaska for this May. It will be our 4th time cruising Alaska, previously on the Encore, the Bliss and the Jewel, but I'm so excited to be doing 9 days and looking forward to cruising on the Sun. Your review has been so helpful and I'm now reading your review of the Sun from 2017. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for all of the great photos. I've gotten some great suggestions from you. I'm really looking forward to hearing about your Hawaii cruise this year. Are you sailing on the POA? We've cruised on her twice, once on the cruise tour, and loved it both times.

First of all Thank you! Enjoy the Sun in Alaska! 

Yes, we are sailing the POA! It will be our 20th cruise together and our 50th state visited. Just wait for the boarding photo!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since this was my latest photo review, I wanted to give a little update.

I have had a super busy winter/spring at work and at home, and as such it has slowed down my ability to get a bunch on stuff done. I am finishing up editing our Christmas cruise pictures so I can do that review. In the meantime, we went on a spring break cruise, so I have that one to do as well. Plus, we have Hawaii in less than 70 days, eek! 

I work in an election office and the presidential primary throws an additional election in the mix that isn’t normally there this year. I am hoping this will all calm down!

just wanted to give you all an update!

Matthew

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you so much for the time you put into your reviews, Matthew. I find the joy you and Susan bring to cruising is so inspiring. I often read your reviews when I am missing cruising.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

Christmas/New Years Review is officially underway! Link: 

Yay! Love your reviews, @shadowmeboy We took a Christmas cruise a couple of years ago and it was one of my all-time favorites. Looking so forward to reading about your and Susan's adventures on the Sun!