Seattle transfers

Smitheroo

31 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

I am booked for the 10/22-29 cruise to Alaska on the Encore.  Can anyone advise the easiest transfers from airport to hotel to cruise port?

If you are overnighting before your cruise, Uber/Lyft is probably your best bet. Going from the Port to the airport after your cruise, the recommendation is to use the NCL transfers and use Port Valet to forward your bags from your cabin to your destination airport. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are overnighting before your cruise, Uber/Lyft is probably your best bet. Going from the Port to the airport after your cruise, the recommendation is to use the NCL transfers and use Port Valet to forward your bags from your cabin to your destination airport. 

Thanks!

Plus the way it works for me: have a tracker no issues, no tracker bags misplaced.

I had trackers on my last cruise, bags delivered to our door. 

The one before bags were on the other side of the ship and about 10 cabins down, no idea how they were placed there.

To answer the OP's question, we stayed near the airport and used an airport shuttle to get to the hotel.

There are services like Seattle Express that will take you to the ship. I think we paid $25 each three weeks ago. We were on Princess, but I'm pretty certain you can get it to an NCL sailing.

When returning, we used Port Valet, an excellent service that took our luggage from the ship and checked it in to the airline at the airport. We didn't see our bags from the night before the end pf the cruise until we picked them up in Atlanta, which left us able to go to MoPop (Museum of Popular Culture), check our hand luggage and enjoy the day before our 4:10pm flight.

Of course, all bags have an airtag! 😉

This is what we have decided to do but it can be tweaked.   We are not extremely frugal but also dont have a lot of money for extreme comfort.  

We will be staying at a hotel near the airport and use the airport shuttle to the hotel. The next day we will take the hotel shuttle service to the light rail station that goes to about 1 mile from Pier 66. At that point we plan to get an Uber.   This should save about $40 and its possible that we could reassess as the time gets closer.  I enjoy taking public transportation with minimal luggage. 

It looks like the Cruise transfer with the Port Valet service is the way to go back to the airport. I plan to do research  to see if there is anything else that is feasible as my flight does not leave until almost midnight so I have lots of time.    I may also splurge and get a hotel room for the day and evening. 

well if you have Port Valet, then you are free to visit Seattle and make your way to the airport for dinnertime.  Choices might include a baseball game with the Mariners, a great ball park.  The Museum of Flight is also very user friendly and has something for almost everyone.  They even have a luggage storage place to encourage those making this journey to spend some time there.  Can be reached on bus, easily with continue on to air port on bus or a quick, Lyft / Uber.

4 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

well if you have Port Valet, then you are free to visit Seattle and make your way to the airport for dinnertime.  Choices might include a baseball game with the Mariners, a great ball park.  The Museum of Flight is also very user friendly and has something for almost everyone.  They even have a luggage storage place to encourage those making this journey to spend some time there.  Can be reached on bus, easily with continue on to air port on bus or a quick, Lyft / Uber.

Good idea.  I think the Museum of Flight would be very interesting.

does anyone know what the transfer and Port Valet  cost?

Edited by Smitheroo