Casual Drinker with Premium Package first time

Woody14

Drink from the menu at the Martini bar or World Class bar.   Also off the menu in the dining rooms. 

Ask for premium wines during meals.  

Look at the drink menus at the bars.   They all have one

I like Woodford Old Fashions.   Don’t mean you will.   It is bourbon, a little bar syrup and bitters, muddled with cherries and an orange slice.   That is how they make it on board.   I also tell them not to top it off with water or seltzer and many will do.  Sometimes tell them to add a splash of Grand Marnier for a little more orange flavor.  

Most foo foo drinks from the pool decks use the cheaper spirits.   Very few of those bars carry any premium stuff.   You need to know what to look for and ask for it in your drink.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 7:20 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

I agree with.  Try lots of beers, and other drinks.  If you don't like one, put it down and get another.

Years ago I said on a roll call that if someone followed me around they could drink for free.   I would try a drink, didn’t like it and left it.   Don’t do that anymore as I found the few drinks that I like and and only order them.  I will try something new but will leave it if I don’t like it.  Not worth the calories.  

There are now only about 4 that I like on the Martini Menu.   Don’t like any of the Zodiac drinks in the Sky Lounge.  

I will get bourbon old fashion instead of the rum at the WCB.  I have tried all of the WCB drinks and like only a few.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

16 minutes ago, miched said:

I will get bourbon old fashion instead of the rum at the WCB.  I have tried all of the WCB drinks and like only a few.  

I was in lock step with you until you made this statement.  I love my Zacapa old fashion .. Only go with bourbon in a pinch. 

• Like 1

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is getting a port after dinner. Since you like good wine, you should try port. It's lovely with a bit of cheese for your dessert!

I also agree with folks about trying new things and brands. I didn't used to like gin, but I learned that I just didn't like Tanqueray or Beefeater, but I love so many others. The Zacapa Old Fashioned is indeed a lovely drink. It mostly depends on what you're in the mood for. I save bourbon and red wine for the evenings.

I generally drink Aperol Spritz by the pool or during the day, but you might not like it since some folks find it bitter. It's definitely got more of a bite than frozen cocktails, but it's light and refreshing. Perfect for poolside, imho.

At dinner in any of the restaurants I always refer to the sommelier when choosing a wine with my dinner.  Make sure he or she knows you have the premium package and they will suggest a wine that will be paired with your meal.  I also ask for Decoy red wine before dinner and Macallan whiskey when I'm in the mood for it.  I seem to be in the mood for one a lot.