Best website(s) to find out how many cabins are unsold?

MarkWiltonM

THere is NO website that can tell you how many cabins are unsold.  There are websites that can tell you how many are unassigned, but they are operated by travel agents so we can't discuss them here.  THe difference is that there are people who booked under "lock it in" rates, and they won't show up on sites until they are assigned to a cabin.

The best you can get is thru a TA who can tell you that there are X of this type and Y of that type still showing as available.  On the TA site if there are 100 cabins with 55 people who booked "lock it in," the number will show 45 available, but the map will show 100 spaces.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Can anyone recommend a website or type of website that allows you to see how many cabins are available on VV (and other lines)?

Any good TA can do this easily for any ship, any cruise line. They have access to the full deck plans and availbility for any ship. 

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

I just got off scarlet, and I was told we had ~2,300 onboard.  It didn’t feel crowded, with the exception of late afternoon on our sea day at the pool.  Not sure where all the people were!

Pretty similar on Valiant last week too, apparently 2200 onboard but the only time it felt crowded was afternoons on sea days when basically every lounger was taken. It was still possible to find seats outside, just not loungers. There was no issues getting food and the one very busy breakfast we were offered seating in Gunbae but chose to sit outside.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

I've been onboard with only 1400 and it still feels super crowded by the pool on a sea day.

The area on deck 15 near the pool is always busy, but there is almost always space on deck 16, either on loungers above the pool or at the athletic club at the aft. I’ve been onboard with 1300ish and they didn’t even bother getting all the loungers out on deck 16 as they weren’t needed. 

7 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

The area on deck 15 near the pool is always busy, but there is almost always space on deck 16, either on loungers above the pool or at the athletic club at the aft. I’ve been onboard with 1300ish and they didn’t even bother getting all the loungers out on deck 16 as they weren’t needed. 

Just not a lot of shade on deck 16.  I'm too pale to lay out in the sun.

37 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

Just not a lot of shade on deck 16.  I'm too pale to lay out in the sun.

Me too, but when I wanted shade I just used the hammock on the balcony. There’s not a lot of shade next to the pool on deck 15 either really so I didn’t bother trying when I wanted shade and just went out when I wanted sun.