Live-ish from the Jewel, Seattle - Tokyo - Taipei - Singapore, Oct 3 2023, 39 days

Rob_H

1 hour ago, Seemeonthesea said:

Thanks for all your info about your trip. We are supposedly stopping at Salomague in February and was wondering about transport there but I see you ended up further north. Did you do your own thing there?

Thanks, Vicki

At Currimao we took a shared van to Vigan city, a heritage city further south.  Our ship was late arriving, and Currimao was further away than Salomague, so we had quite a short time there.  You'd be able to be there longer, hopefully.  It's quite a run down city with old colonial buildings.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 7:02 AM, Rob_H said:

The final full  day of the cruise was a sea day. And also the day when the shareholder OBC for cruise three was finally applied to our account!

On cruise one, some OBC was missing, but soon fixed when I mentioned it. Cruise two was applied correctly. On cruise three I've heard a very long list of excuses, and had to chase it many times, but it finally got done.

On the 11th, we reached Singapore. Disembarkation was slow to start and got slower from there. We weren't in a hurry, but it was still tedious, a very manual process for Singapore immigration in the terminal.

Uber doesn't operate in Singapore any more so I signed up on the Grab app while waiting in the morning. We got a Grab car  (like an Uber) all the way to Changi airport for S$21, from the well organised pick up area at the cruise port, with very little waiting.

We had an early morning flight planned for the 13th, so I booked a hotel at the airport. Really IN the airport - the Yotelair is on the 4th floor of the Jewel. It has a view of the vortex waterfall from the breakfast area / lounge.

The Yotelair has tiny tiny rooms (inside cabins) but the location is great. It also allows early check ins by paying for the hours until your check in. We got there at 11am so paid for 4 hours extra ($S11/hr) rather than bothering with luggage storage, much nicer to have immediate access to the room. The nightly rate is reasonable, for Singapore.

The rest of Saturday we went to Little India by MRT to see the deepavali/diwali celebrations and lights.  Sunday we went to Sentosa and had a couple of cable car rides.

Monday morning we caught the Singapore Airlines flight to Cairns, Australia. Back home after nearly eight months travelling, including nearly five months of cruises!

Thank you, again, for sharing your experiences.

When is your next trip?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...