Seaside vs sister ships for YC

Todd320

Currently on the Seaside for the 7th time with another one scheduled Oct 15th only a week after we get off.  We like that the Seaside with only 86 YC cabins instead of 131.  We are thinking about booking the Seascape and are wondering about the YC spacing issues.   The extra YC passengers for the same space; top sail, pool buffet and pool area that are essential the same size.  I do see they moved back some layout areas and extended the dining room over the top sail lounge.

PS   Having a great time.

Edited by Todd320
  • Like 1

Is Seascape the sister ship of Seashore?  If so, we did not notice any crowding issues in any of the YC venues you mentioned. And we sailed at nearly full capacity. In fact, we were often among the few in the TSL in the evening during live music and had the dance floor to ourselves.  On the last night, the waitstaff from the restaurant joined DH and me on the dance floor.  It was a lot of fun!  My only complaint for any of the Sea class ships is the lack of shade on the pool deck.

Glad you are enjoying your cruise!

11 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Is Seascape the sister ship of Seashore?  If so, we did not notice any crowding issues in any of the YC venues you mentioned. And we sailed at nearly full capacity. In fact, we were often among the few in the TSL in the evening during live music and had the dance floor to ourselves.  On the last night, the waitstaff from the restaurant joined DH and me on the dance floor.  It was a lot of fun!  My only complaint for any of the Sea class ships is the lack of shade on the pool deck.

Glad you are enjoying your cruise!

That is my biggest complaint on Seaside vs Meraviglia. The total lack of shade on the sundeck is a big issue they need to fix. I know some people complained about the glass panels when I sailed on Meraviglia, but I was always able to find some loungers in full sun on that ship, but also found many with shade as well. The only thing you can do on Seaside is sit at the eating tables in the areas behind the One Bar, but those are NOT comfortable for laying out and reading, listening to music, etc.

36 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

The only thing you can do on Seaside is sit at the eating tables in the areas behind the One Bar, but those are NOT comfortable for laying out and reading, listening to music, etc.

Couldn't agree more!!  And that's exactly where we sat to read and enjoy the day...eventually we made our way over the Aurea deck right next door which seemed to have ample shade comparatively.

• Like 1

Yes the lack of shade is a problem. My question was about spacing and roughly 100 more YC quests for the same area. Next winter season 24/25 the Seaside and Seascape are doing the same eastern itinerary out of Miami. One leaving Saturday and the other Sunday. My choices are a newer ship vs 100 or so less YC quests. Maybe a non issue?

22 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I haven’t been on seascape but have been on seashore. I believe they are the same in terms of YC capacity. As I mentioned in post 2, it was a non issue. 

I did copy your early post, thank you.  I was looking for further affirmation that it is a non issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Todd320 said:

My choices are a newer ship vs 100 or so less YC quests. Maybe a non issue?

I've sailed both classes and before sailing Seashore, I had the same concerns as you.

It turned out to be a non-issue.

Even if I didn't have a pergola, I would have found plenty of space on the sundeck and dining service was no different. We still got our preferred/requested table and waiter.

I want to sail all 4 but I can't seem to mesh with Seaview. Before COVID, I was very close to booking Seaview for the Southern Caribbean but it would have been cancelled, anyway.

I'd gladly sail any of them in the Yacht Club without concern. I'm also booked for World America and now I have overcrowding concerns with that one. Hopefully, it will be a non-issue there, too.