Booking Excursions on the Princess Site and Payment

h2obaby

I have never booked excursions online before and wonder when I am charged for them and what is the cancellation policy- I had booked a few for our Apr. 15 Golden sailing to hold them until my stepmother and I could discuss which ones to keep. I cancelled three today because I was nervous. I haven't seen any charges on my AmEx statement, so know I have not been charged. Would call Princess right now, but I know I can get answers faster right here!:) Are there preferred/better ways to book excursions through Princess, such as when we board? Thanks so much for your help and advice.

You will not be charged until you are on the ship. And if you want to cancel them on the ship, you will have an opportunity to do so. Cancellation dates are posted in the Princess Patter.

I usually reserve more then I plan on taking and then cancel a few on the ship.

So, go back and reserve!

Coral is right on.....the cost of the shore excursions go on your shipboard account and you just settle up at the end of the cruise. The Patter does tell you quite clearly when you have to cancel so that you are not charged. I only book what I feel I'm going to use though...knowing me, I'll forget to cancel, plus I don't want to chance closing someone out of a tour they might have otherwise taken if there had been space available.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

That's a really nice thing about Princess - you can book online but cancel once onboard (within time limits). I would encourage you to book online for excursions you REALLY want to take because you will not be happy if you reach the ship and there is no space available. We've had that happen! You will not be charged if you cancel by/before their specified time onboard.

When you book excursions online (or pre-cruise via the documents), they are reservations. When you check-in and get to your cabin, your excursions will be charged to your onboard account and the tickets delivered to your cabin. You (usually) have until 9AM the day before the excursion to turn in the tickets for a full refund. You can do so at the Excursion Desk or just drop them in the box in front of the desk if you want. If you do, the amount is credited to your onboard account.

I called Princess on this and the lady said I would need to cancel before we sail.

Unfortunately - they told you wrong. You are allowed to cancel them onboard. On the first day, you will be informed of the deadlines for cancelling for each port's excursions.

Everyone here has given you good advice. You will have no problem cancelling tours as long as you stay within time limits. Also, many of the most popular tours on my Coral trip last week were sold out before we even got onboard. There was a whole long list at the tour desk. I heard one woman complaining to the tour desk, "How can they be sold out? It's the first day!". When the tour person explained to her about pre-booking , either online or through the mail, she was very upset.

One bad side, though. If you book your tours online and charge them to your shipboard account, you will have sticker shock on the last day :)

Archived