eDocs & Luggage Tags Now in APP

14 minutes ago, FriscoLady said:

Cruising with Royal for the first time in February. Is the app something I need, like on Princess?

Having the APP will make your life somewhat easier, I would say it is advantageous but not 100% needed 

Useful for checking in 

Daily planner is viewable

Booking dining 

Checking your calendar 

Deck information 

Download it and have a look, link your reservation and you will get a feel for what you can do 

you can even view menus for all dining venues 

The app fully updates with 100% correct info on your boarding day

Note:

what you will see in the app will be data from a previous sailing on the cruise going before yours 

Enjoy your cruise

(We lived in Coppell for 18 years)

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, FriscoLady said:

Cruising with Royal for the first time in February. Is the app something I need, like on Princess?

I use the app to see menu for dinner ahead of time to plan a bit. 

I book shows, sign in for boarding online. 

App isnt necessary but helpful. I also once onboard click on daily planner, then filter by entertainment to see what show I booked that night. 

I doubt any 2 people use it the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FriscoLady said:

You don’t “need it”, but it has lots of useful stuff before and during your cruise. 

…and you can display your luggage tags on your phone and attach your phone to your luggage handle 🤣

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You don’t “need it”, but it has lots of useful stuff before and during your cruise. 

…and you can display your luggage tags on your phone and attach your phone to your luggage handle 🤣

Just make sure you put the phone in a clear luggage tag holder from  Amazon with a photo of someone in shorts in line for the MDR, 😂

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Having the APP will make your life somewhat easier, I would say it is advantageous but not 100% needed 

Useful for checking in 

Daily planner is viewable

Booking dining 

Checking your calendar 

Deck information 

Download it and have a look, link your reservation and you will get a feel for what you can do 

you can even view menus for all dining venues 

The app fully updates with 100% correct info on your boarding day

Note:

what you will see in the app will be data from a previous sailing on the cruise going before yours 

Enjoy your cruise

(We lived in Coppell for 18 years)

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I use the app to see menu for dinner ahead of time to plan a bit. 

I book shows, sign in for boarding online. 

App isnt necessary but helpful. I also once onboard click on daily planner, then filter by entertainment to see what show I booked that night. 

I doubt any 2 people use it the same.

Seems like there is a lot more pre-planning/booking required on RCI? Is that your experience as well?

9 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Just make sure you put the phone in a clear luggage tag holder from  Amazon with a photo of someone in shorts in line for the MDR, 😂

Good one! Speaking of lines though... is that typical for MDR? I would think with so many dining options that nothing would get backed up. 

10 hours ago, FriscoLady said:

Good one! Speaking of lines though... is that typical for MDR? I would think with so many dining options that nothing would get backed up. 

We do specialty for the most part, whenever we have been around the elevators near the MDR (Decks 3/4/5) it always looks messy (6:30-7:00)

I’m not the best to comment accurately on lines and Q’s for Main Dining 

My experience is very limited 

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

We do specialty for the most part, whenever we have been around the elevators near the MDR (Decks 3/4/5) it always looks messy (6:30-7:00)

I’m not the best to comment accurately on lines and Q’s for Main Dining 

My experience is very limited 

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

55 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There's really nothing that *has* to be pre-planned for onboard stuff.

Good to know. It just sounds as if you must pre-reserve meals and shows or you won't be able to participate.... My real world is so structured that I prefer to just "go with the flow" when we're cruising. 🙂

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, FriscoLady said:

Good to know. It just sounds as if you must pre-reserve meals and shows or you won't be able to participate.... My real world is so structured that I prefer to just "go with the flow" when we're cruising. 🙂

Cheers!

If you have a fixed dining time, then you already have your meal time reserved. For shows, odds are there will always be availability for walk-ins.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...