Bit of a blog - Spirit of Adventure - Treasures of the Adriatic - Oct 2023

NorbertsNiece

34 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Same from me - please send us a final report of the journey home, when you are safely back and have a minute!

Thanks for all the reports, we don't get many on this forum, and they were so interesting and helpful.

37 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just  word of thanks to you for all the frequent updates, and all the details.  It's given us an excellent taste of how a Saga cruise differs from a P&O cruise, and I'm sold!  So is my wife.

Have a smooth disembarkation, and a safe journey home. 

Thanks again!

Harry

You guys have really spurred me on. Just clicking like on a post means it's been read!!

Just had my first cooked breakfast (other than an occasional pancake).

Have to be home by 1900. Ocado delivering!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

That is the worst thing about Portsmouth - the bus.  Really bad for anyone with mobility problems.

So true. On the upside at least you don't have the lengthy walk we often seem to get at Southampton and the last couple of times the lift was out of action as well. 

Really enjoyed reading the blog and looking forward to getting back on board.

Edited by david05
  • Thanks 1

Am off the ship in a really timely fashion. Short queue for bus. There are trollies where the bus stops.

There's a sign in the corridor for those who may have experienced terrorism issues in Ukraine and Israel to approach someone for support if required. There's no immigration/passport control.

Luggage hall neatly arranged. It all goes downhill from now. The handle on one of my cases is broken. Locked in up position. Reported to 'Carol' in terminal.

Have same travel buddy. Also 2 cases and bags. Car is Skoda Octavia Estate. Cases barely fit especially with one having a broken handle. It's not going to be a smooth ride up. My sharer is sat in the front. I have my rucksack and tote with me in the back.

Feeling teary. Glad I have water with me. We were spoilt with a water provided Mercedes on the way down

IMG-20231031-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4da62de31890f527b04346c8b38d4aa6.jpg

20231031_091321.jpg

20231031_091405.jpg

20231031_091604.jpg

20231031_092749.jpg

20231031_092906.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just  word of thanks to you for all the frequent updates, and all the details.  It's given us an excellent taste of how a Saga cruise differs from a P&O cruise, and I'm sold!  So is my wife.

Have a smooth disembarkation, and a safe journey home. 

Thanks again!

Harry

You won't regret the "jump" from P&O. We did it 2yrs ago & haven't looked back. Yes it is more expensive but the step up in quality & service is well worth it.

5 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Feeling teary.

So sorry the end of your lovely cruise has you feeling like this 😢.  Is it because the cruise has ended or the fact that you're cramped in a too small vehicle?  If the latter, I think a word in Saga's ear beckons.

Edited by Medeba
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Medeba said:

So sorry the end of your lovely cruise has you feeling like this 😢.  Is it because the cruise has ended or the fact that you're cramped in a too small vehicle?  If the latter, I think a word in Saga's ear beckons.

Bit of both plus really tired. Almost home. Buddy has been dropped off.  6 hours on the road. Not bad going considering the weather we've driven through

Edited by NorbertsNiece
  • Like 3

On 10/31/2023 at 9:56 AM, NorbertsNiece said:

Am off the ship in a really timely fashion. Short queue for bus. There are trollies where the bus stops.

There's a sign in the corridor for those who may have experienced terrorism issues in Ukraine and Israel to approach someone for support if required. There's no immigration/passport control.

Luggage hall neatly arranged. It all goes downhill from now. The handle on one of my cases is broken. Locked in up position. Reported to 'Carol' in terminal.

Have same travel buddy. Also 2 cases and bags. Car is Skoda Octavia Estate. Cases barely fit especially with one having a broken handle. It's not going to be a smooth ride up. My sharer is sat in the front. I have my rucksack and tote with me in the back.

Feeling teary. Glad I have water with me. We were spoilt with a water provided Mercedes on the way down

IMG-20231031-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4da62de31890f527b04346c8b38d4aa6.jpg

20231031_091321.jpg

20231031_091405.jpg

20231031_091604.jpg

20231031_092749.jpg

20231031_092906.jpg

First time on Sapphire they did that car thing to us. When I was booking the next time they told me we should have gone back to the terminal as they have some of the Titan fleet on standby.

They sent us a 9 seater yesterday!

We also have a case with a broken handle, it broke on the way to the Scenic Diamond cruise but was fixable. Now a part is missing & the handle doesn't pull out.

Hope you've had a good rest.

1 hour ago, JMMKUK said:

First time on Sapphire they did that car thing to us. When I was booking the next time they told me we should have gone back to the terminal as they have some of the Titan fleet on standby.

They sent us a 9 seater yesterday!

We also have a case with a broken handle, it broke on the way to the Scenic Diamond cruise but was fixable. Now a part is missing & the handle doesn't pull out.

Hope you've had a good rest.

Hi 👋 didn't see you to say goodbye. You can email me at mmeward at hotmail dot com if you'd like to stay in touch. 

--------

I have more to blog but still getting over drive home. Have been in touch with Saga about the case and the car. Awaiting callback.

• Like 2

Will do.

I'll add any extras that we did over the next few days.

We were in the BL - tag 6. We had cases even though we knew about the shuttle bus. Actually the lift was more of a problem than the bus. The freebie fiz & couple of bottles of duty free from Gib had their own case. Christmas fiz is sorted though.

• Like 1

Thanks giving contd.

Back in the Grill Elmer and Jonathan always smiling, always helpful 

Rizwan in the gym, stretched us and gave us the exercises to continue alone

Fordy, you know who you are 😉

Chelsie and the cast singers for stretching my vocal chords!

Julie on the Entertainment team for her jokes, they really were dreadful 😄😉

Massimo the CD on board for just the one cruise. Lovely to see a CD so evident about the ship. Molte grazie per l'invito a cena

And Werner, the HGM, for being there

As well as Saga themselves there are guest speakers etc. 

So. ORCA were amazing..... they have super visual acuity.... without binoculars!

Best speaker imo was James Ketchell Adventure such an inspiration! Check out his story.

Best entertainers were The Beatles Experience (UK) by a mile. Just brilliant.

Last but definitely not least and in no particular order Jennie, Jaime, Melissa, Julie and Patrick. That's Jolly Super Things and Supercraft Cruises

Natural teachers with endless patience, encouragement and such positivity. Thank you. ❤️

Edited by NorbertsNiece
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been asked to comment on the cons as well as the pros of cruising with Saga. 

That's a difficult one and is really personal relating to dining Gluten Free. There's only one kind of biscuit in the Living Room and they only serve GF savoury snack food at 4pm and I found that out by accident! There's only one kind of roll at dinner and again I found out by accident that there's GF breakfast cereal, GF crackers to have with cheese and something that presumes to be a GF bagel by shape only. Oh and fritters should be crispy not soggy 🤣

So really no deal breaking cons! Did get an email offering a free cabin upgrade if I booked a cruise within the next 7 days. The 2025 brochure's not out yet...... nothing in 2024 that tempts me sadly 

Adventure still sheltering in Falmouth as of 2200

• Like 2