VISTA

LHT28

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

I checked again on Oceania site and the offer is still $2899/$3499 w/air.  I am logged in.  

Anyway, I feel that we are getting a good fare for an Oceania cruise, on a brand new ship at that!!!  Plus we get some extra OBC from our online TA.  I looked back at my records, and we took a 7 night cruise in a B3 in 2017.  The cost was over $2100pp++ without air.  This cruise will hopefully be a nice, relaxing, getaway.  We were not planning on getting off of the ship.  With excursions included, I guess we will get off a couple of stops.

Does anyone know if the excursion credit can be used for a tour/transfer back to the airport after the cruise?  We are not getting air through Oceania. We would rather control our own air and pay the same $600pp (hopefully less) direct to the airline and be in control versus paying Oceania to arrange it.    

Great question on the use of cryise excursion credit. I would be interested in that as well. I wanted to book a tour in St Barts but it says it is full. I am trying to understand my options if SM credit is not usable for something i might like

2 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Great question on the use of cryise excursion credit. I would be interested in that as well. I wanted to book a tour in St Barts but it says it is full. I am trying to understand my options if SM credit is not usable for something i might like

Option 1: choose a different tour.

Option 2: lose the credit.

There is no third option,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Be sure and get on the waitlist for the excursion.....we were waitlisted for 3 of our excursions and all 3 cleared.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YoHoHo said:

Maybe geo-located offer or perhaps based on your login. Not logged in I see only SM listed under Special Offer and a B2 under the "PROMOTIONAL FARE W/O AIRFARE " column is CAD$3949. No Value Fare offers on O's site displayed.

I see the same on the Canadian website. And $3949 CAD = $2925, pretty close to the full price mentioned before. But people in the US see $1,700, so I'm wondering why the Canadian site doesn't show the discount?

4 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

I see the same on the Canadian website. And $3949 CAD = $2925, pretty close to the full price mentioned before. But people in the US see $1,700, so I'm wondering why the Canadian site doesn't show the discount?

As I understand it is a "quiet" sale and is not reflected on the websites - you can either contact your TA or O and ask about the "value promo"....it is on sailings that are not selling but some great deals

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Booked just before I posted. It's a "Value Fare" and had to pay upfront.  The funny thing is that when I checked online with Oceania, it shows that we have $600 excursion credit.   We booked a B2, stateroom 8099, for a March 9th cruise (7 nights) on the Vista.  Cost was $1699 pp.  

Same with us. We booked the cruise following yours. Also had to pay in advance. We got all of the SM perks.

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Option 1: choose a different tour.

Option 2: lose the credit.

There is no third option,

Are you adamant that the credit could not go for a post cruise excursion and ride to the airport?  I was asking because Celebrity's excursion credit will cover that, or just a simple airport transfer.   The only problem is that the post cruise excursions and airport transfers do not show up until close to sailing.

2 hours ago, basor said:

As I understand it is a "quiet" sale and is not reflected on the websites - you can either contact your TA or O and ask about the "value promo"....it is on sailings that are not selling but some great deals

I wonder why the cruise is not selling well?  Maybe because it is too early for spring break? That's a good thing!     The problem is the air right now is way too high. I thought that perhaps something was going on in Miami/FLL area, but cannot find anything of significance.   Hoping air for March will go down during the holidays.  Hotels are high, as well. 

1 hour ago, FeliciaLee said:

Same with us. We booked the cruise following yours. Also had to pay in advance. We got all of the SM perks.

Maybe it's a TN special.  😀

Lyn, how is your cruise going?

Edited by Iamthesea

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Are you adamant that the credit could not go for a post cruise excursion and ride to the airport?   

I spoke with Oceania about using our credit for something outside of shore excursions and they told me no......so I guess the answer is no.....

• Like 1

Forgot to come back and say that my booking information came through from my TA and we do have all of the Simply More Perks (other than the air.)  Very pleased with the rate and perks.  Plus, we have an additional $200 OBC from TA.  Thank you, again!!!

• Like 2

Have a cruise booked in January in a veranda cabin. Specialty dining reservations will be made available in 45 or so days before sail dare. Other higher catagory cabins have earlier dates when Specialty dinig reservations can be made. My question is based upon my varanda cabin catagory what is the likelihood of having Specialty restaurants reservations avaliable based on others experience. Many thanks

4 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Have a cruise booked in January in a veranda cabin. Specialty dining reservations will be made available in 45 or so days before sail dare. Other higher catagory cabins have earlier dates when Specialty dinig reservations can be made. My question is based upon my varanda cabin catagory what is the likelihood of having Specialty restaurants reservations avaliable based on others experience. Many thanks

Every time I’ve had a veranda cabin I have been able to get them with no sharing. You may have to be willing to be flexible on dates and perhaps willing to dine later, and for us we have never had to go later than 8:30.  

6 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Every time I’ve had a veranda cabin I have been able to get them with no sharing. You may have to be willing to be flexible on dates and perhaps willing to dine later, and for us we have never had to go later than 8:30.  

Perfect great to hear and thank you very much