QM2 Dining

Minnie29

The current timings for Open Dining in the Britannia Restaurant during QM2 crossings are from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.

Open dining is mostly on deck 3 of the Britannia Restaurant on QM2. That's where we have always been seated for open dining although there have been reports of some guest on open dining being accommodated on deck 2 and some of those on fixed dining being assigned to deck 3. So for QM2 it's basically deck 2 for fixed dining and deck 3 for open dining although that's somewhat fluid in practice.

32 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

I have read there are four tiers in the Britannia restaurant so I assume Deck 2 is mainly level and Deck 3 has tiers? 

That's correct. Here is one of Cunard's images of the QM2 Britannia Restaurant showing the three tiers on deck 3 with deck 2 below. This image is looking toward the starboard side of the restaurant. The arrangement on the port side is similar.

qms-britannia-restaurant.jpg.image.1200.

Edited by bluemarble

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

Is it possible to see the Maitre D once onboard and requested a specific table if you are in Open Dining? If we wanted 6pm each evening? 

No, not on Open. If you want fix, then go fix. If you want to be flexible, then it's just a case of what tables are available. The point about Open is that it works on the basis of tables being available at different times during the evening, and you flex around the available space. If you wanted one table you effectively block out other diners who are being fed through the system. If you are smartly dressed on a Gala night, you are more likely to get one of the better seats, anecdotally. 

We were recently on QM2 from New York to New York.  For the first crossing  we had fixed early dining on deck 2. We had family join in Southampton to Hamburg and they were on open dining. We switched and I always booked 6 for 6 on the my voyage app. We sat at the same table each night, on deck 3.  We were able to return to our original deck 2 table for the return crossing.

The upper gallery window seats would be my favourite. I don't think there is an objective "best" here, since other seats give, for example, a good view of the art decor central motif and ceiling. Everyone is going to have their own favourite. There are some bad tables, in my view, by the swing doors to the kitchen, but if well dressed you may never encounter that area. Also I'm not so keen on some tables near to the front desk, they get a lot of footfall, but some people with mobility issues find this area good for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1