LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

My youngest daughter (21 year old) and I are binge watching the series the Gilmore girls. Seven seasons of rapidfire dialogue, and almost the edge of crazy moments and characters (who doesn’t love Kirk🤣) make this show addictive. We are almost through season 6. From what I understand, season 7 was written and directed by a new team. Will I get there by Thursday night?😜

• Like 1

Another thing about bathrooms.  Many, many years ago in Germany many bathrooms were free…but you had to pay the attendant to get toilet paper.  For years I carried folded up pads of toilet paper in case there was none.  Of course, some of those were third world countries…and you never know where the paper will be brown paper towel rough, or waxed paper slick ( I seem to recall that was the UK).  Can’t remember if it has been suggested, but take a washcloth as they are traditionally supplied in Europe.  EM EM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Another thing about bathrooms.  Many, many years ago in Germany many bathrooms were free…but you had to pay the attendant to get toilet paper.  For years I carried folded up pads of toilet paper in case there was none.  Of course, some of those were third world countries…and you never know where the paper will be brown paper towel rough, or waxed paper slick ( I seem to recall that was the UK).  Can’t remember if it has been suggested, but take a washcloth as they are traditionally supplied in Europe.  EM EM

Oh thx Essiesmom for the wash cloth reminder! I’ll bring a little starter pack of TP just in case👍😁

• Like 1

IMG_2432.thumb.png.b11de83956ca320df849a7d7f1f3beed.pngAnd a rainy good morning to you all!! Today’s weather here at my house is rainy and cool, and may be getting me ready for upcoming weather in Italy. We will be in Venice this Saturday and here is the ten-day report. So far, that day looks good.

• Like 3

I'm bringing a rain jacket with a hood (its red, so guess who is the Big Bad Wolf😉) and a very small umbrella. I grew up in Oregon, land of rain, ducks and beavers, so a little precipitation isn't going to get me down.  Just don't make fun of my fuzzy hair! 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Weather forecast looks pretty good, especially Saturday with no more than a 30%-50% chance of rain on the other two days! Have a great time, can't wait to read all about it 🙂

Another plus is that the high temperature is dropping a bit.  I have been reading about very sweaty travelers in Italy and I do better with a bit cooler temps than feeling like I'm being cooked.👍

• Like 1

Got a question for you Europe cruisers...I usually tip out at the bar on my Sign and Sail card, but when I tip out on top of my prepaid gratuities to my wait staff and room stewarts 😉, I use US money at the end of the cruise.  Will dollars be okay or do I need to get more euros?  TIA!

Edited by ninjacat123
better verbage ;)
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Got a question for you Europe cruisers...I usually tip out at the bar on my Sign and Sail card, but when I tip out on top of my prepaid gratuities to my wait staff and room stewarts 😉, I use US money at the end of the cruise.  Will dollars be okay or do I need to get more euros?  TIA!

Isn't the sailing after yours the TA back?  I think either way would work since they will be back to using USD soon.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I tipped my room steward US dollars. I said - I'm sorry but I ran out of Euros and he said - no, I prefer US Dollars.   I didn't ask why, I was just happy he was happy  ☺️

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kleibo said:

I tipped my room steward US dollars. I said - I'm sorry but I ran out of Euros and he said - no, I prefer US Dollars.   I didn't ask why, I was just happy he was happy  ☺️

Great!! I am so happy to hear that and that I don’t have to buy a ship load of euros (see what I did there🤣)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

IMG_2432.thumb.png.b11de83956ca320df849a7d7f1f3beed.pngAnd a rainy good morning to you all!! Today’s weather here at my house is rainy and cool, and may be getting me ready for upcoming weather in Italy. We will be in Venice this Saturday and here is the ten-day report. So far, that day looks good.

venice is such a great city , nothing like it in the world.our favorite , Beautiful at nite .  Just booked 4 nights for carnival!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, carsastic said:

venice is such a great city , nothing like it in the world.our favorite , Beautiful at nite .  Just booked 4 nights for carnival!

We will be in Venice from 2pm to 10:30am Sunday. I’m hoping we can get some great night moments and pics!!👍😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, carsastic said:

Totally agree and it's good to spend at least three nights... save one day to just wander.  One of the joys of Venice is getting lost in the pre-medieval streets.  You can never stay lost for long and there's always a drink and/or bite to be found.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Totally agree and it's good to spend at least three nights... save one day to just wander.  One of the joys of Venice is getting lost in the pre-medieval streets.  You can never stay lost for long and there's always a drink and/or bite to be found.  

That’s is the magic of Venice !  We been eating at a certain restaurant for 10 years  now, found by getting lost ! 

• Like 3