Eurodam after dry dock

poinsettiaplate

The thermal spa was in bad shape in August.  There were broken heated beds, showers not working and the pool was cold.  I complained and got some money back.  The spa manager told me it hadn’t been touched during the dry dock.  We found the rest of the ship in good shape along with a wonderful crew.  Food is very subjective but we always found something we enjoyed in the MDR.  

We were on Eurodam April 29 - May 6, so fairly recently after dry dock.

There were elevator issues that pax weeks after my cruise were still reporting.

We had a few minor cosmetic issues in our cabin (hole in wall where old TV had been, fraying carpet...) and on our deck, but nothing major that would keep us from sailing on her.

Noticed a cracked window in Lido when I was taking a picture of a whale.

I used my Thermalpass 2x/day everyday and did not notice issues other than 1 of the steam rooms (small one closest to ceramic chairs) did not have the aroma it was supposed to have.

The library had been installed and was stocked.

We did not notice smells (none of the usual methane gas/sewer smell that seems to happen on every ship I'm on) and the food was good. Food is subjective and I'm not really sure what it has to do w/drydock. But again, it was good - served at proper temp and portions plentiful. MDR & PG service was slow.

Hope that has some of what you're looking for.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

We have been on the Eurodam for the last 12 days and all is good.  The food has been good everywhere.  The gym is in excellent condition with what appears to me newer machines.  We do not use any of the other spa services.   Crew is great as usual - the Capt Vincent Engel is very visible around the ship as well as Yelena the Hotel director and the recently on board Jordan the CTD.  We are booked to be back on the Eurodam for Jan/Feb 2025 for 42 days and not concerned at all.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Baabaaa said:

The thermal spa was in bad shape in August.  There were broken heated beds, showers not working and the pool was cold.  I complained and got some money back.  The spa manager told me it hadn’t been touched during the dry dock.  We found the rest of the ship in good shape along with a wonderful crew.  Food is very subjective but we always found something we enjoyed in the MDR.  

We had issues with the heated beds back in Feb.  Sorry to hear that they have not been fixed since we are back onboard soon.

I was on Eurodam in November 2021 on the first sailing when she arrived from Europe (and my first post-Covid cruise).  There were only 500 passengers.  It was wonderful!  Our sailing was shortened by 2 days because they did a "deep cleaning" after arriving from Europe.  The ship was spotless. The foor good to very good.  I didn't use the spa except for a massage so can't comment on anything else.

I'll be on her in January for 11 nights.  Really looking forward to it.  So far, she's my favorite HAL ship (probably biased because that 500 pax sailing spoiled me).  I'll again be in a large inside cabin on Main.  Love those!  So much space for a solo cruiser.