Voyages Selection 5%+XX% Discounts

Até

Since I noticed a couple newish promotions (Winter Offer & Status Match Plus) last month for Voyagers Club members I've been poking around the MSC site.  And after quite some time with the Voyages Selection web pages yielding no results (and all internal links to them gone) I have just noticed they are once again listing VS sailings, currently all sailings on all three pages - 5+5, 5+10 and 5+15.  There are still no internal links and the online booking function does not work, but those who have been dealing with MSC for a while know these weren't unusual even when the discounts were active.  It often took calling a knowledgeable agent who knew how to look up the VS discount in their list and apply it.   I've been wondering if MSC had plans to resurrect these discounts because they never took the VS discount section out of the Voyagers Club terms even after updating them to the current, limited +5% discount/OBC for booking early.

So, if anyone is planning a new booking, or feels daring with an existing one, it might be worth a try to ask if a phone agent can see a VS 5+15 discount and try applying.  I'm not willing to mess with my paid-in-full reservation, but I might try a mock booking just to see what they say.  I kind of hate to mess with an agent's time when I'm not planing to book though.  If they ask for a screenshot of the sailing listed under the VS discount, as happened to me in the past (and it worked), get it from here:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-515

Example:

VS.thumb.jpg.ab87247c11bb3fb1fd2ad732e72c5f3f.jpg

7 hours ago, Até said:

Since I noticed a couple newish promotions (Winter Offer & Status Match Plus) last month for Voyagers Club members I've been poking around the MSC site.  And after quite some time with the Voyages Selection web pages yielding no results (and all internal links to them gone) I have just noticed they are once again listing VS sailings, currently all sailings on all three pages - 5+5, 5+10 and 5+15.  There are still no internal links and the online booking function does not work, but those who have been dealing with MSC for a while know these weren't unusual even when the discounts were active.  It often took calling a knowledgeable agent who knew how to look up the VS discount in their list and apply it.   I've been wondering if MSC had plans to resurrect these discounts because they never took the VS discount section out of the Voyagers Club terms even after updating them to the current, limited +5% discount/OBC for booking early.

So, if anyone is planning a new booking, or feels daring with an existing one, it might be worth a try to ask if a phone agent can see a VS 5+15 discount and try applying.  I'm not willing to mess with my paid-in-full reservation, but I might try a mock booking just to see what they say.  I kind of hate to mess with an agent's time when I'm not planing to book though.  If they ask for a screenshot of the sailing listed under the VS discount, as happened to me in the past (and it worked), get it from here:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-515

Example:

VS.thumb.jpg.ab87247c11bb3fb1fd2ad732e72c5f3f.jpg

I tried the link and cannot book anything through it. Once you select a cruise and put in your voyager number it goes back to the main screen.

That being said, I think MSC will stick with the current VC discounts for a while.

3 hours ago, 8420PR said:

It looks like the old page, where (post covid) all cruises were offered with the 5+15% discount.   It says valid through to March 31st 2022.

Yes, they haven't updated that bonus they were giving in early 2022.  This isn't something MSC has reimplemented yet, if/when they do it will only be on a few selected sailings. 

The point is that the VS sailing search once again yields results rather than just popping up no results found, which is what has been happening for the last 18 months.  So someone is working on these web pages. 

And since these sailings have been marked as VS in MSC's system it's also possible phone agents would once again be able to select the code (Pax Type: Voyage Selection 5+15) from their discount list.  Hopefully some of the MSC travel agents on here can experiment with this.

We don't know what flag they're using behind the scenes and what pricing function they'll use with that flag. For instance, they might be marking cruises ahead of a sale, but we don't know how the sale will work. It might just be linked to an onboard credit for all we know.

Hi everyone. We made our booking for next spring back in April, and received our Voyagers Club 5%+5% discount. After we booked, the port charges dropped by $115 per person, so we called and they reduced our fares by that amount. Final payment is in December. Now I see that the port charges for new bookings has increased to the higher amount again. Can they increase our port charges or is the price we have now “ locked in “ ? Just curious if anyone knows. We haven’t encountered this before. 

17 minutes ago, brucevr6 said:

We made our booking for next spring back in April, and received our Voyagers Club 5%+5% discount.

Your booking is under the current Voyagers Club promotion for booking early and not a Voyages Selection discount, which hasn't been offered for a while. 

Congratulations regarding getting the port fees/taxes reduced,  that's quite a feat that I've not been able to accomplish with MSC for years.  As long as you don't make any changes to the booking your taxes should hold.  I've not seen MSC increase taxes on an existing booking, when there are changes they are usually only applied to any new bookings.

Man, that price for a 7 day Caribbean cruise on MSC. I know you all are talking about discounts, but the price of that cruise caught my eye. I know that's just an example when looking for the discount info, but man. Unless there are more filters selected than I can see, that's just a base starting price. Nope. That is a fast pass for a starting price.