NCL Customer Experience on Israel issue.

Golfgalag

1 hour ago, davencl said:

FWIW Oceania has changed their policy and the deposit is now non-refundable.  So if you cancel even before final payment you lose the deposit.  I hope NCL doesn't go that route but I'm not holding my breath...

I will  say that will effect their business.  People are less likely to risk losing their deposit.  I guess because the only cruises I have booked so far have been at a point where full fare has to be paid  I havent been aware

Edited by Smitheroo

17 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

I will  say that will effect their business.  People are less likely to risk losing their deposit.  I guess because the only cruises I have booked so far have been at a point where full fare has to be paid  I havent been aware

I would be surprised if NCL does this.  I do understand why Oceania might.  Most or many of their cruises become fully booked with many cancelations just before final payment.  I think they are trying to eliminate bookings that may or may not happen.  Yes it will affect their business and I assume Oceania hopes it's a positive affect.

Edited by davencl

5 hours ago, davencl said:

FWIW Oceania has changed their policy and the deposit is now non-refundable.  So if you cancel even before final payment you lose the deposit.  I hope NCL doesn't go that route but I'm not holding my breath...

In Europe including the UK deposits are always non refundable.  

just got off the phone with NCL again they still haven’t announced itinerary change for the epic in now that its not going into Israel, the wife and I have a lot of money tied up in this trip. I feel so bad for the people who are supposed to be getting on the epic in Tel Aviv. What are the chances of all those people getting flights to the were ever they are going to on such short notice?    what NCL does here in the next day or two will affect if I ever sale with them again

• Like 1

Refunds for NCL cruises originating, or I guess ending, in Israeare only offered to Israelis or Israeli citizens. I found the posting on the Hebrew site and contacted NCL. This is what they told me. I'm scheduled on the Epic on Nov 20 also. 

3 hours ago, Akhunter02 said:

I feel so bad for the people who are supposed to be getting on the epic in Tel Aviv. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that is the least of their concerns right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DrMom4 said:

NCL is now offering cruise credits for the November Epic sailings (20th and 8th? Unsure of the second date).  No penalties. The credit is good through December 31, 2024

This should mean that at least the cruise is not being cancelled, I guess. Let wait then for the itinerary change.

3 hours ago, Oil said:

Did the cruises visiting Israel get cancelled or are they modifying it. They disappeared from the booking site

At this time, all cruses through the end of the year are modified. They probably took down the Epic until after they change the Debarkation/Embarkation port in Haifa. NCL has not yet officially changed the port for the Epic cruises.

5 hours ago, richmke said:

At this time, all cruses through the end of the year are modified. They probably took down the Epic until after they change the Debarkation/Embarkation port in Haifa. NCL has not yet officially changed the port for the Epic cruises.

I see the Epic is scheduled to take passengers on 20th in Athens. Very convenient place to travel to. But will we be visiting Athens also on the 27th? Why not put Santorini instead ?

5 minutes ago, Oil said:

Why not put Santorini instead ?

Having a choice would be nice, but I'm guessing with some dozen or so cruise lines looking for ports, they took the first, best port they could book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oil said:

I see the Epic is scheduled to take passengers on 20th in Athens. Very convenient place to travel to. But will we be visiting Athens also on the 27th? Why not put Santorini instead ?

Santorini is a tender port; it would be a terrible choice as a port for embarkation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 7:13 PM, BunnyHutt said:

It sounds like first priority was dealing with cruises out of Israel. Slow your roll and you’ll get your answer. Sorrynotsorry it’s not on your personal timeline. 

Norwegian is offering refunds to all customers who booked a cruise from Israel until the end of 2023. “We share in your sorrow in the light of the tragic situation that befell you in Israel and our hearts go out to all the citizens of Israel in this difficult time,” the company said. 

https://www.travelawaits.com/2952191/cruises-canceled-following-israel-attack/?amp

We are booked on NCL Nov 20 leaving out of Israel. Delta has cancelled our flights.  NCL  is still listing cruises that stop in Israel on their website.  NCL has not yet contacted me regarding this cruise.  In the last 8 days they could have at least contacted us by email to give us an idea what our options are or that they are working on it.  No correspondence is poor customer service and shows no regard for people that have cruises booked.  They have thousands of customers with cruises involving Israel this month. They may not have answers yet but at least let us know they are working on it. We have $9600 tied up in this trip. We sacrificed to splurge on this trip.  It would be nice to receive some correspondence from NCL. I called NCL today.  They are only offering a partial refund and the rest in cruise credit. It is a horrible tragedy for the people of Israel. They probably do not need to deal with tourists at this time.   I will be making a donation to hopefully help.

15 minutes ago, Aulanifan said:

They have thousands of customers with cruises involving Israel this month. They may not have answers yet but at least let us know they are working on it. 

Why would you want NCL to waste precious time sending an email stating the obvious? Just to make you feel better? I'd rather they hunker down (as they obviously are) and let me know when they have useful information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Why would you want NCL to waste precious time sending an email stating the obvious? Just to make you feel better? I'd rather they hunker down (as they obviously are) and let me know when they have useful information.

Yes, pointing out another first world problem.

3 hours ago, Aulanifan said:

We are booked on NCL Nov 20 leaving out of Israel. Delta has cancelled our flights.  NCL  is still listing cruises that stop in Israel on their website.  NCL has not yet contacted me regarding this cruise.  In the last 8 days they could have at least contacted us by email to give us an idea what our options are or that they are working on it.  No correspondence is poor customer service and shows no regard for people that have cruises booked.  They have thousands of customers with cruises involving Israel this month. They may not have answers yet but at least let us know they are working on it. We have $9600 tied up in this trip. We sacrificed to splurge on this trip.  It would be nice to receive some correspondence from NCL. I called NCL today.  They are only offering a partial refund and the rest in cruise credit. It is a horrible tragedy for the people of Israel. They probably do not need to deal with tourists at this time.   I will be making a donation to hopefully help.

Seems your patience may be wearing thin, please have a bit more and wait a bit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aulanifan said:

The cruise is cancelled - that should be obvious! It is not going to be rescheduled. NCL - and the Middle East - and many countries in the world are trying to get through this fluid situation hour by hour - I am sure that the millions of people involved are sympathetic to your situation.

8 minutes ago, richmke said:

Changed, not canceled. 

If it is leaving from Haifa chances are pretty good it just may be cancelled and not changed at this point. Or it could be changed entirely and sent back to North America. Nobody really knows at this point. Given the incredible amount of uncertainty you have to give NCL ti e to figure things out on a cruise by cruise basis.