NCL Customer Experience on Israel issue.

Golfgalag

3 minutes ago, minabruuke said:

You may be stating this as a rhetorical question but I really don't understand your point. Are you actually concerned that NCL may change things because of this? Because I am fairly certain that NCL is well aware that there is no way that they can avoid every possible conflict, protest, demonstration, etc. in this world. 

I would expect protests to continue to occur in many cities around the world. Protests are a pretty normal occurrence in cities when war and tragedies occur (and at really any time for many different reasons).  

I said it was a rhetorical question so I wouldn’t have any reply Iike yours.  But, yes I would expect any cruise line to stay away from ports where there is extreme, dangerous,  protests such as this!   

7 hours ago, CiCi1328 said:

So what you are saying I NEED to call my travel agent to have them tell me if I want cruise credit. Why aren't they notifying us?

If you booked thru a travel agent, they will get the official notifications. You need to have them make the changes for you and get the credits...that is what you are using them for.

1 hour ago, sjane39 said:

I said it was a rhetorical question so I wouldn’t have any reply Iike yours.   

You still don't understand how a public message board works, do you...  Rhetorical question.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IAcruising said:

You still don't understand how a public message board works, do you...  Rhetorical question.

I certainly do, but I don’t expect the nastiness in some of the reply’s, like yours. No need to hear yours again.  

16 hours ago, sjane39 said:

No refund.  But it just keeps getting worse! So they change the embarkation to Athens, and then Athens again for another day, and today they started protesting in Athens! So, what is NCL going to do now? Change the ports around again!  That’s a rhetorical question

This is international travel.  NCL controls none of this.  
They will change ports to protect their employees, ships, and customers as best they can.

Consider- you could be IN a port, when a war or violent protest starts.  You don't know what will happen and neither does NCL.  They can only make their best decisions for risk management. 

Don't expect compensation from NCL for every inconvience to you. They are just as inconvienced by it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sjane39 said:

I certainly do, but I don’t expect the nastiness in some of the reply’s, like yours. No need to hear yours again.  

I said my question was rhetorical. Why did you feel the need to answer?

On 10/17/2023 at 12:55 PM, Valposada73 said:

Hi.  I called NCL about two days ago and I was told I could get a credit if I canceled or I could accept the trip “as is”. At the time I called it was still a “Haifa” departure.   I’m located in the USA and thats the word the rep gave me.   But, I decided to wait and see until the official change of itinerary came out before I decided.  I am not sure what they would tell me if I called now though since they’ve issued a revised plan.  Hope that helps!   Hope everyone is having a good day.  

I notified my travel agency a few hours ago, and as of now, there is no update!.. Why have you gotten word, and I havent received anything, has anyone else been told they can get a credit if they cancel?

15 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

If you booked thru a travel agent, they will get the official notifications. You need to have them make the changes for you and get the credits...that is what you are using them for.

I talked to my travel agent a few hours ago, and as of now, they have no update.  Others on this feed have mentioned that they have received information regarding receiving credit.  Where are you getting your info from?

3 hours ago, skittl1321 said:

This is international travel.  NCL controls none of this.  
They will change ports to protect their employees, ships, and customers as best they can.

Consider- you could be IN a port, when a war or violent protest starts.  You don't know what will happen and neither does NCL.  They can only make their best decisions for risk management. 

Don't expect compensation from NCL for every inconvience to you. They are just as inconvienced by it. 

I would go further than you did and say that NCL (and all other cruise lines dealing with this issue) are MORE inconvenienced than any particular passenger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 6:49 PM, fin said:

I do not think it unreasonable to expect NCL to say that IF things to not improve, customers can cancel their cruise with full refund.  Is their primary loyalty to the stock holders or paying customers?

Being part of a publicly traded company, the primary loyalty is to the stock holders.  

• Like 1

Just received official notification from NCL on the itinerary change for the Gem Sailing  from Athens on the 11th. Both stops in Israel are out as well as Port Said in Egypt. Spending an extra day in Alexandria Egypt and adding in Limassol Cyprus and Heraklion Greece.

• Like 3

I must remark that NCL is handling this logistical nightmare very well. It took long time for first communication but that mail they sent us last Tuesday was complete and very informative. They must be puzzling 24/7 to get this all solved and looks like they do this ship by ship.

wondering when IT will update the app or website with the alternative data because they still show the original route and only have deleted the booked tours.

Compliments after some doubts in the beginning 👍

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, channeler said:

Just received official notification from NCL on the itinerary change for the Gem Sailing  from Athens on the 11th. Both stops in Israel are out as well as Port Said in Egypt. Spending an extra day in Alexandria Egypt and adding in Limassol Cyprus and Heraklion Greece.

That’s encouraging. I’m on the Gem leaving Istanbul on Nov 1 and arriving in Athens Nov 11. We haven’t received any communication yet. Hopefully this means we’ll get our communication soon. 

22 minutes ago, Oil said:

I must remark that NCL is handling this logistical nightmare very well. It took long time for first communication but that mail they sent us last Tuesday was complete and very informative. They must be puzzling 24/7 to get this all solved and looks like they do this ship by ship.

wondering when IT will update the app or website with the alternative data because they still show the original route and only have deleted the booked tours.

Compliments after some doubts in the beginning 👍

So far I haven’t received any communication from them. Nothing at all.

7 hours ago, channeler said:

How were you notified ? We havent had anything as yet. So now we have 2 ports in Cyprus and a Greek Island.

On 10/18/2023 at 9:06 PM, sjane39 said:

I would expect any cruise line to stay away from ports where there is extreme, dangerous,  protests such as this!   

"The USA embassy recommends that US citizens assess their travel arrangements, steer clear of locations with ongoing demonstrations, exercise vigilance when near sizable gatherings or protests by chance, stay informed through local media for updates, and adopt a discreet presence."

Hard to avoid ports where there are protests anywhere in the city/country. In Athens, they seem to be protesting Greece's Government support, and not tourists of other countries. Stay away from Syntagma Square to Israel's embassy, and you should avoid most of the "demonstrations".

Note: "Demonstrations" is much different from attacks on tourists of certain countries, or random terrorist attacks. The former is much easier to avoid than the others.

Kind of like saying: Rough areas in your city are not a reason to avoid the city in its entirety.

Edited by richmke

On 10/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, richmke said:

"The USA embassy recommends that US citizens assess their travel arrangements, steer clear of locations with ongoing demonstrations, exercise vigilance when near sizable gatherings or protests by chance, stay informed through local media for updates, and adopt a discreet presence."

Hard to avoid ports where there are protests anywhere in the city/country. In Athens, they seem to be protesting Greece's Government support, and not tourists of other countries. Stay away from Syntagma Square to Israel's embassy, and you should avoid most of the "demonstrations".

Note: "Demonstrations" is much different from attacks on tourists of certain countries, or random terrorist attacks. The former is much easier to avoid than the others.

Kind of like saying: Rough areas in your city are not a reason to avoid the city in its entirety.

In Europe there are always many demonstration since many years and it is an exhibition of democracy. Most are peaceful and small, still always better to avoid proximity when you do not know where they are demonstration for/against. Also not wise to make pictures etc

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Oil said:

In Europe there are always many demonstration since many years and it is an exhibition of democracy. Most are peaceful and small, still always better to avoid proximity when you do not know where they are demonstration for/against. Also not wise to make pictures etc

Right. I'd add that it might be unwise to wear anything with a flag of Israel on it. Europe is extremely different when it comes to which 'side' garners more support. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2