FTTF and specialty dining

dlphn501

Hi all!  What benefit does FTTF give in regards to specialty dining?  I know it supposedly can move you up on the waitlist for early/late MDR seating, and it's not available for anytime dining, but what about the specialty restaurants?  I am sailing on Horizon in March, and I never had an interest in specialty dining before, but I plan to eat at Jiji's and Cucina at least once in the 8-nights.  I know you are supposed to make a reservation, but if I don't do that, do they leave some tables open for "priority walk-ins" (Diamond/Platinum/FTTF)?

1 minute ago, mrpayroll said:

FTTF has no benefit when it comes to making reservations for specialty dining.

Not according to Carnival's FTTF pages. You get priority reservations.

3 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

Hi all!  What benefit does FTTF give in regards to specialty dining?  I know it supposedly can move you up on the waitlist for early/late MDR seating, and it's not available for anytime dining, but what about the specialty restaurants?  I am sailing on Horizon in March, and I never had an interest in specialty dining before, but I plan to eat at Jiji's and Cucina at least once in the 8-nights.  I know you are supposed to make a reservation, but if I don't do that, do they leave some tables open for "priority walk-ins" (Diamond/Platinum/FTTF)?

Per Carnival's website, priority reservations is what you get. Not priority walk-ins. Carnival does not leave tables empty on the off-chance a FTTF or diamond guest may want to eat there.

I read the website.  What I am asking is "what is considered priority" for specialty dining?  You have to make reservations, and if a time slot isn't available, is there a wait-list option like there is for the MDR?  All the time slots are still open for my sailing, so I'm not seeing the benefit in that part.  Just wondering.

Good question and not sure. I kind of suspect it's a bit on the 'honor system', nothing more. My gut tells me they always have a table or two squirreled  away just in case that Diamond walks up to the Steakhouse manager at noon seeking a table for that evening. I'm guessing FttF sort of gets treated 'similarly'. You can bet they try never to say 'No' to a Diamond if at all possible. I highly doubt you see anything 'official' on an online reservation system.

Edited by jsglow
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Good question and not sure. I kind of suspect it's a bit on the 'honor system', nothing more. My gut tells me they always have a table or two squirreled  away just in case that Diamond walks up to the Steakhouse manager at noon seeking a table for that evening. I'm guessing FttF sort of gets treated 'similarly'. You can bet they try never to say 'No' to a Diamond if at all possible. I highly doubt you see anything 'official' on an online reservation system.

Thank you!  This is more helpful than anything I found on Google lol.

• Like 1