Black Car Service to LAX?

Dobby36

Hi there,

other than many references to Uber Black (of which I am familiar) I can’t find any threads on black car service to LAX. I’ve sifted through a few google searches and think I’ve found some general thoughts (Blacklane=good, but pricey, PrimeTime= cheap, but unreliable) but it’s difficult to sort through the real reviews vs the sponsored content. hoping for any personal thoughts and experience here:

We are leaving our car (and dogs) with family in Corona, CA on a Monday in November. Will want to get to LAX in early afternoon, and prefer a private vehicle I’m willing to spend more to not sit in the back of someone’s Corolla for 2 hours (I am over 6feet, and this is the start of our honeymoon) Again, I am familiar with Uber Black, but if the price is surging it could be well over $200/way, so I’d rather set a time certain with a reliable company.  Could be a large sedan, or a SUV.  Thoughts? thx!

1 hour ago, Dobby36 said:

Blacklane=good, but pricey

Blacklane is very good-- its basically an aggregator. They find the smaller black car services that you are having trouble finding yourself that meet their quality standards (and this is a much better experience overall than UberBlack). I don't use them for short hops-- Uber or Lyft is still a more cost effective solution for that-- but for longer stuff Blacklane has become my go to in LA. 

Generally the Blacklane "Business" will be a Cadillac Sedan, Mercedes E Class, or occasionally a newer Suburban. The "First" is usually a Mercedes S Class or Cadillac Escalade. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We ended up going with flat rate, and it was great! @BOB999 thanks for the rec, it was a newish black Chevy suburban, professional driver who was waiting 10 mins ahead of pickup and introduced himself via text earlier that AM, with bottled water and climate controls in the second row.  Was $200ish, which felt reasonable.  

I checked black lane, it was more. I checked Uber black reserve-ahead, and it was about the same but I was afraid of a worse experience day of.  Uber black when ordered in the moment could have been cheaper, but it would have depended on demand, etc.  so having a reliable reserved service felt better. 

we are in the lounge now awaiting the beginning of flight over to honeymoon cruise in Tokyo -so far, so smooth!  🥂

• Like 2