Experience with ShoreExcursions.asia

LovesToRead

I’ve contacted them for information on a tour and found that they are very slow to respond. I finally got details sent by contacting them on WhatsApp after no response to the “contact us” feature on their website or to email. It concerns me when I can’t get get a reply in a timely manner.

just recently....

booked a shore excursion for Kushiro.....paid them. Then a few days later, said other folks had backed out and price would be higher or no go.....Chose no go and a refund.  Took longer than I would have liked to respond and longer than I would have liked to refund the money.

I was made whole but did not enjoy the experience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We used them on a December cruise, and found they were very accommodating.  We made some changes, they suggested some changes, and we felt that we got the absolute most out of our time in the region.  

Our ship docked overnight in Bangkok, then went to Sihanoukville as the only stop in Cambodia.  We opted to spend the night in Bangkok rather than on the ship because the drive from the port to Bangkok itself ate up a good portion of the day.  That provided us 2 full days in Bangkok, flying from there into Siem Reap, which gave us 2 full days there (there was no way to see it from the ship during the time it was in port).  We then flew out of Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon where we had a full day, meeting up with the ship again at the Phu My port.

Shore Excursions Asia arranged the Siem Reap (Cambodia) and Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) portions of our trip, and it was seamless.  We LOVED our guide in Siem Reap, the hotel was very nice, we were able to see the sun rise over Angkor Wat, and we enjoyed dinner and a traditional show.  We had a different guide in Vietnam - all arranged by the same point person at Shore Excursions Asia.

The best part is that it cost us far less than what the ship's excursion would have cost.  Their price was $2999 per person, and we paid less than $2500 total - including flights, hotels, admissions, meals, and tour guides who spoke outstanding English and knew their subject matter well.  While that sounds like a lot of money, the cost of tacking Siem Reap onto the cruise at the beginning or end, or having to travel back to that part of the world to see it some other time (flights, hotels, etc.) made this a steal.  It was plenty of time to see all that we wanted to see, included 3 full days of touring in 2 countries, and we gave up a sea day and a day in the Sihanoukville port, which - if you read description of the port, it's called "gateway to Siem Reap" - which didn't hold anything for us.

My contact at Shore Excursions Asia was Lynn, and she did a great job.  I'd definitely recommend her and the company. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, alwayscruisetime said:

We used them on a December cruise, and found they were very accommodating.  We made some changes, they suggested some changes, and we felt that we got the absolute most out of our time in the region.  

Our ship docked overnight in Bangkok, then went to Sihanoukville as the only stop in Cambodia.  We opted to spend the night in Bangkok rather than on the ship because the drive from the port to Bangkok itself ate up a good portion of the day.  That provided us 2 full days in Bangkok, flying from there into Siem Reap, which gave us 2 full days there (there was no way to see it from the ship during the time it was in port).  We then flew out of Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon where we had a full day, meeting up with the ship again at the Phu My port.

Shore Excursions Asia arranged the Siem Reap (Cambodia) and Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) portions of our trip, and it was seamless.  We LOVED our guide in Siem Reap, the hotel was very nice, we were able to see the sun rise over Angkor Wat, and we enjoyed dinner and a traditional show.  We had a different guide in Vietnam - all arranged by the same point person at Shore Excursions Asia.

The best part is that it cost us far less than what the ship's excursion would have cost.  Their price was $2999 per person, and we paid less than $2500 total - including flights, hotels, admissions, meals, and tour guides who spoke outstanding English and knew their subject matter well.  While that sounds like a lot of money, the cost of tacking Siem Reap onto the cruise at the beginning or end, or having to travel back to that part of the world to see it some other time (flights, hotels, etc.) made this a steal.  It was plenty of time to see all that we wanted to see, included 3 full days of touring in 2 countries, and we gave up a sea day and a day in the Sihanoukville port, which - if you read description of the port, it's called "gateway to Siem Reap" - which didn't hold anything for us.

My contact at Shore Excursions Asia was Lynn, and she did a great job.  I'd definitely recommend her and the company. 

This is great and very helpful indeed. Many thanks. 

• Thanks 1