Ultimate Ship Tour

Zaandam3

1 minute ago, Outerdog said:

Nope, gone.

I asked the Shorex desk about it a few weeks back. 

As R&J points out, some of the demonstrations include a brief galley tour (the Italian one they do in the Theater comes to mind).

Nor sure if Shorex would be the definitive knowledge base for this, but are you saying the implication is that the ship tour is never coming back?

• Like 1

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Nor sure if Shorex would be the definitive knowledge base for this, but are you saying the implication is that the ship tour is never coming back?

Shorex is where we've historically purchased the ship tours. I'm not a fan of "never" but dude at Shorex knew what the tour was and couldn't say if it would ever be back. He did not seem optimistic.

Like all things covid, perhaps Princess will re-evaluate the ship tour when they realize there is money they can squeeze out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

Like all things covid, perhaps Princess will re-evaluate the ship tour when they realize there is money they can squeeze out. 

IMO, we are well past Covid that the former pandemic cannot be the reason.  But IDK for certain.

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, we are well past Covid that the former pandemic cannot be the reason.  But IDK for certain.

Agreed. But you know how these things go.

It's an easy $3k in revenue to drag 15 or 20 pax around the ship and down a couple of crew corridors. I do know that years before covid, NCL nix'd the bridge tour portion of their Behind the Scenes tour, citing "security reasons". I wasn't following along with Princess closely enough to know if they were still showing the bridge up until the covid stop or not. I'd be surprised if the bridge portion came back. To me, that alone is worth the price of admission.

Although I will admit the 150 preparations of potato I witnessed on the last galley tour I mentioned above was pretty impressive!

image.thumb.png.ee4225e3a50573f8c857f7c5ee1790f9.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Agree, so when will the chocolates on the pillow be back, pub lunches and elite obc

12 minutes ago, antsp said:

Agree, so when will the chocolates on the pillow be back, pub lunches and elite obc

Presume you are joking as chocolates were a perk gone to save some money... nothing to do with Covid.  Pub lunches are being held regularly.  There was never any Elite OBC - it was a periodic recognition for longer term loyalty but I do acknowledge that recipients had to be Elite in order to achieve the yardsticks required.

• Like 1

I'm saw a group in the elevator way on Deck 14 getting ready to head to the bridge. They were told no photographs and had a guide and a security team member with them. This looked like the tour we took years ago on the Island.We are on the Regal now.

• Like 1

Five years ago we had a bunch of OBC for some reason, so did the Tour on the Crown -- I would highly recommend it if it's offered! We had to sign up once on board. Thought it was interesting to see the areas of the ship and all the crew you don't think about. We did get to go on the Bridge, and had a group photo taken with a couple of the Officers.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

I got off the Enchanted Princess last week in Rome after a 11 night from Barcelona.

As soon as I boarded I went to the guest services desk to sign up for the ultimate ship tour only to 

find out they were not doing them. I was told by two different people behind the desk that they don't do them anymore and that there will only be a galley tour that is free to guests that happens after a culinary show in the Princess theatre. I then ran into the 2nd in command staff captain and he told me they don't do the ultimate ship tour due to 9/11 and Covid. I know they did the tours after 9/11 and it cost $150 pp. 

Is this ship discretion only? some of you have posted just weeks before I went on this cruise saying they still offered the Ultimate Ship Tour. (if so which ships?) I'm looking to go on the SKY & DISCOVERY. 

• Thanks 1