Shower Curtains vs. Shower Doors

JamieLogical

After my first (and hopefully only!) encounter with a cruise ship bathroom shower curtain on the Emerald Princess last year, I refuse to go on any more ships with shower curtains instead of shower doors. Because of that, I decided to put together a list of MSC ships that have shower curtains so I can know which ships to avoid when booking future cruises. I figured I might as well share it here in case anyone else has a similar aversion to shower curtains.

Shower Doors

Armonia
Bellissima
Divina
Euribia
Grandiosa
Lirica
Meraviglia
Opera
Preziosa
Seascape
Seaside
Seashore
Seaview
Sinfonia
Virtuosa
World America
World Europa

Shower Curtains
Fantasia
Magnifica
Musica
Orchestra
Poesia
Splendida

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Thanks for the information.  Most, including me, prefer shower doors over showers, but it has never been a deciding factor for us.

Well, after I formed a deep and intimate life partnership with the shower curtain in my cabin on the Emerald Princess, it would feel like cheating to ever be in another cruise ship cabin with a shower curtain. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Well, after I formed a deep and intimate life partnership with the shower curtain in my cabin on the Emerald Princess, it would feel like cheating to ever be in another cruise ship cabin with a shower curtain. 😋

My wife usually ask that any shower curtain we encounter be changed on the first day of our sailing.  

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

9.jpg?media=1686841185

Does MSC get half credit or full credit when there is a 1/2 door?😉

When there is a tub, that's fine, as there is usually plenty of space. I have a tub/shower curtain combo at home. The challenge comes when the "shower" is 2'x2' and it is impossible to avoid constant clinging of the shower curtain to one's body.

I should have included in my OP that I am only looking at standard balcony cabin bathrooms, as that is the cabin type that I usually book on any ship.

Edited by JamieLogical

9 hours ago, davy jones said:

Thanks for the information.  Most, including me, prefer shower doors over showers, but it has never been a deciding factor for us.

Most recent video I could find showed a curtain in the Balcony bathrooms:

7 minutes ago, Tierun said:

I remember when discovery princess came out and I was flabbergasted when I saw shower curtains. Who would do that to a modern vessel?

Princess has them on every ship. They basically haven't changed their cabin designs since the 90's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:47 AM, rebeccac said:

Two things:

1. The Sun Princess will finally have shower doors.

2. If you are on a ship with shower curtains, bring binder clips and clip them to the bottom of the curtain.  Solves the issue.  

I am not sure it would solve the issue for me as the showers are so tiny and I think I would still have issues with parts of my body rubbing up against and sticking to the shower curtain. I am a very wide person. It's not as bad with a solid surface like a door or a wall.

Old joke, and daddy joke to pull on anyone.  

Do you know the difference between a shower curtain and toilet paper?

Answer:  No. 

So you are the one that been using our shower curtain.   😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅