Can beach chairs/umbrellas be rented in November?

HardWorker49

1 hour ago, HardWorker49 said:

Will be stopping on a cruise for 2 days in November. I had heard somewhere that chair/umbrella rentals are not available past October. Can anyone confirm? Is this true for Horseshoe Bay? Tobacco Bay?

Generally not-- you are outside of beach season which wraps up in October. Depending when you are there in November (early vs late) water temps can be in the mid to lower 70s or high 60s. Air temps are still great-- the humidity of summer is gone then which is wonderful (but doesn't make swimming as enticing). 

14 hours ago, HardWorker49 said:

I called 1-800-BERMUDA which is the Tourism Authority and they indicated that we Chair/umbrella rentals would be available. Perhaps call and check on the bathrooms. If you learn anything please share!

If the concession is open that rents chairs then the bathrooms will be open. The concession at Horseshoe has closed at some point during the winter in the past  but since Horseshoe Bay Live does not have a website, or at least one I have been able to find if or exactly when or if they will close this winter is unknown. Also the building with the toilets, the toilets could be separate from the concession, I don't know who maintains them,  so perhaps they would be open. As an example there are toilets at John Smiths Bay but there is no concession. There are toilets at Fort Hamilton but there is no staff there.

• 3 weeks later...

YES...you will be able to rent chaise lounge & umbrellas from the concessionaire at Horseshoe Bay Beach in November.

YES...the bathrooms/changing room at Horseshoe Bay Beach will be open and available to you during November.

• Like 1

I will be in Bermuda on MSC Meraviglia cruise next week. We arrive in Bermuda Wed Nov 15 9AM and depart Fri Nov 17 at 3PM. I was looking to do Horseshoe Bay on Thurs Nov 16. Will the chair/umbrella rental facilities be open and bathrooms open as well. I am seeing mixed results where some say yes and some say no. 

On 11/9/2023 at 9:53 AM, RandomUser123 said:

I will be in Bermuda on MSC Meraviglia cruise next week. We arrive in Bermuda Wed Nov 15 9AM and depart Fri Nov 17 at 3PM. I was looking to do Horseshoe Bay on Thurs Nov 16. Will the chair/umbrella rental facilities be open and bathrooms open as well. I am seeing mixed results where some say yes and some say no. 

Can you share how it was and what was open when you went? Also, how was the water for swimming/snorkeling? 

7 minutes ago, HardWorker49 said:

Also - there were plenty of people in the water. It wasn't warm like the Caribbean, and certainly a little chill when you first get in, but not terrible.

At this time of the year it is transitional and  It also depends on what you are used to. People  from New England seem fine with it but people from warmer regions find it chilly. I just read a review from someone who was there last week and said it was too cold for them. 

Edited by Charles4515

13 hours ago, HardWorker49 said:

If its any consolation, Sunday the 12th was dreary and rainy in Bermuda, and I heard that the 13th was to be a holiday in Bermuda and most shops, etc would be closed.

Arrival would have been the 15th which also had the Apex and was sunny while we were in rainy Port Canaveral and then very rough seas to Nassau which also rained. Yes, the sick bags were out on our trip and everyone was complaining that Bermuda was sunny.
But enough thread drift here. I'll be back in Bermuda in late April/May.