Why 2 different service charges ?

jetact

We are leaving on the Bliss on Saturday and our Parents are joining us, we have the exact same room on the same floor 2 doors apart. I was going over things with my mother and showing her different things on the website, we were looking at service charge line and hers is $25.00 per day while mine is $20.00 per day. The only difference is she opted out of the drink package as they do not drink. Does anyone know why these service charges would be different? We are staying in a haven room as they are. 

9 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

$25 would be Haven are you both in the Haven 

and if the first cabin was booked prior to January 1, 2023, that cabin can pre-pay the DSC at the old rate of $20 pp/pd while the second cabin pays the $25 pp/pd rate if they booked AFTER January 1, 2023.  This is per the FAQ I posted above...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Were the cruises booked at the same time? If yours was booked before the last increase, you have the option to pre-pay at the lower rate. Otherwise, both of you will pay the higher rate.

We both booked within a couple of days, we booked 6 months ago. 

42 minutes ago, hallux said:

and if the first cabin was booked prior to January 1, 2023, that cabin can pre-pay the DSC at the old rate of $20 pp/pd while the second cabin pays the $25 pp/pd rate if they booked AFTER January 1, 2023.  This is per the FAQ I posted above...

Yes we are both in the haven and both booked about 6 months ago. 

1 minute ago, Liljo22 said:

Are you sure you are in the Haven?  $20 is the non Haven rate.

I am pretty sure I am in the haven as I got priority luggage tags, I spoke with the haven concierge two weeks ago and got dinner reservation along with iced tea in the refer and peanut m&ms as well as changing some beddings.  My room number is within the haven as I had the same room last year when we did the Bliss to Alaska. 

4 minutes ago, jetact said:

I am pretty sure I am in the haven as I got priority luggage tags, I spoke with the haven concierge two weeks ago and got dinner reservation along with iced tea in the refer and peanut m&ms as well as changing some beddings.  My room number is within the haven as I had the same room last year when we did the Bliss to Alaska. 

Not that you wouldn't know if you were in Haven.  Since you only booked in April, the only explanations would be that its not a Haven room or NCL messed up and are charging you the Non Haven rate.  

• Like 1