Israel traveling

Back to school

1 hour ago, Mike07 said:

One more thing, and I'm not going to bring up previous points I've made because I don't want to drag this group into a debate.... I think it would be cool to be on a Viking ship where half the passengers cancelled.

One of my favorite cruises was when a ship was brought back into service post-COVID, and was running at 25% capacity --- with 750 passengers. It was wonderful!

The passenger to staff ratio is probably closer to 1 to 1 than 2 to 1 that is usually advertised.

21 hours ago, Mitten5 said:

I am Happy for you. And I mean it.😬

I begged Viking last week to take my $4000 and use the monies from my Holy land cruise and put me on a repositioning cruise next fall.  “No can do” I was told.  Now I have the exact situation (different insurance not Viking) and I’m out $18,000.

I would make another call & speak to someone else...don't give up...thats a lot of $$$..until someone listens to you & responds. Also check with your credit cards insurance ...if you used it to book the trip & air.  Thats exactly why we do. 

We are still on the Viking Saturn December 6 sailing - Rome to Athens - 14 nights. Three days in Israel is being replaced by 2 days in Malta and an extra day in Cyprus.  Wonder how full the ship is going to be.  Does Viking give out that information?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hurwitz5 said:

We are still on the Viking Saturn December 6 sailing - Rome to Athens - 14 nights. Three days in Israel is being replaced by 2 days in Malta and an extra day in Cyprus.  Wonder how full the ship is going to be.  Does Viking give out that information?

Guest services will give you that information if you ask once you board, or you can go to the Viking Cruises website to see how many cabins are available.  Although sometimes that information is not current.  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, gma1 said:

I would make another call & speak to someone else...don't give up...thats a lot of $$$..until someone listens to you & responds. Also check with your credit cards insurance ...if you used it to book the trip & air.  Thats exactly why we do. 

Have you had any luck with getting vouchers for this trip.  Viking is granting them.

58 minutes ago, Alison48 said:

Have you had any luck with getting vouchers for this trip.  Viking is granting them.

We are actually on Viking Polaris now...not your ship with Israel ports. But I know different people/agents can give you different answers...so keep trying. We were unable to make one of our ports in Chili, but weather/sea related & Captain's decision, so not anyone's fault. 

• Like 2

Well, still no response from Viking Holy Land cruise.  Business as usual.  I am shocked at their lack of customer service.  Several cruise lines have completely cancelled their itineraries until the spring and given full refunds back according to a travel agent who lives in my community.  I can tell you this AMA and Avalon are looking better and better for a river cruise.  Going into the Eastern Mediterranean is insane.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Viking waited until a week out and cancelled then.  Less people to compensate with a full refund.  Shame on you Viking!

• Like 1