New Developments Coming to St Thomas

Ms411

And they have plans to expand Crown Bay to develop a day resort. Many people have been asking for that for years. The development plans haven't been posted. Hope the development doesn't take over another of my favorite spots.

Both articles are in online local newspapers.

On 10/20/2023 at 5:08 AM, Ms411 said:

This will be where Latitude 18, which used to be across the bay from Red Hook, was. This may ruin one of my favorite quiet spots.

image.thumb.png.18ca0ebe532dc5ac88f962ad694576a0.png

Really?!! Damn!! Who opened up there wallet to St. Thomas finally?? 

C'mon Ms411 this not only won't hurt a thing it'll brighten things up a bit over there at Red Hook.

Crown Bay needs completely like opened up in that corner back there and made more inviting. It's a GREAT pier it's just there's no really nice restaurant or bar back there. Where cruisers can gather close to the ship or have a drink before getting back on the ship.

I have a buddy of mine who sells beer out of a kiosk at Crown Bay and has killed it FOR YEARS because there's no bar back there. Tickles is somewhere around there I stumbled in there a couple of times that was a long time ago and that was a walk back to Crown Bay. Well that's when Princess docked at Crown Bay if that'll tell you something. 

That barbeque😕 restaurant at Havensight was so PACKED when I was there last time it was a nightmare. I just kept walking went across the street and hit this SWEET BAR in the plaza across the street from Havensight. I forgot the name of that place but it's really really nice.

That's what's so nice about Havensight you can always find a beer or a place to sit down and have a couple before getting out on the island. Comprende' Amigo?😎

Just for the record before I even get to a beach on St. Thomas between beer, souvenirs, taxi fares snacks whatever, you name it I'm already well into the 3 figures range. 

You folks are going to let me travel around your island with a drink in my hand my toes in the sand, and leave me alone, I can't give you my money fast enough and do. Going on 30 years now and it's just getting started. 🌟

They have been talking about these projects for years, but I think the storms delayed them.

I agree Crown Bay needs major upgrades, and come on lazy boy, Tickles is a short walk from the Crown Bay dock - maybe 4 US city blocks. But, it needs a 21st century refresh. 

I just don't want development that encroached on my favorite spots.😊 Selfish, yes, but they'll pave everything if they are given free reign.

Also they are displacing local long term businesses that residents rely on. It will be interesting to see where they end up. One of my favorite food trucks is there.

It was MY vacation I was HOT, fairly intoxicated dying for another beer and ended up in Tickles somehow😁.

I walked in there on my way back to the ship. I didn't think I was ever going to make it back 😂. I'm not THAT lazy. 😁

Actually I was hammered cute place though. 

Well we certainly have a lot to look forward to when it comes to some new development on the island, that's GREAT!!

Ha, ha! Somebody is sponsoring a Taco and Tunes fundraiser here on November 4 to raise funds for the Nana Baby Home. This will be the first taco themed fundraiser. 

You have tacos in States that nobody here makes. I see them on YouTube, and I'm dying to try them especially the one that you dip in a gravy type sauce. I like corn tortillas and most people here serve flour. Those kind of tacos I can make at home so no need to eat them out.

But, Tickles recently added breakfast tacos to their menu so I mostly order those because I can get corn or flour. Comes with choice of meat (I get chorizo) and side of refried beans. 

Yummy!! Corn tortillas are authentic Mexican and the only way to go when you can get them. Taco food truck down there will KILL IT, 7 days a week especially on Saturdays. 

We have great tacos up here, that gravy sauce you are referring too is almost like a real deal Mexican  dip but it's saucy.

All the trucks have there own recipe but it's all pretty much the same thing. 

Street tacos from a food truck have never failed me always a winner.

I have no idea why cruise ships don't do St. Thomas on Saturday's, Saturday's are when all the locals come out of there houses and yes everything is going on.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

The Dog House Pub across from Havensight has good tacos and you get your choice of corn or flour. I get chicken tacos in corn tortilla. Meat is nice and juicy! Tortillas nice and crisp.

Most people start their vacations on Fri/Sat even those staying in hotels. Saturday is referred to as turnaround day, because that's when most people are checking out. 

When St Thomas had ships that home ported here, those guests were here on weekends and boarded Sunday p.m. 

There's a Mexican restaurant at Havensight now - Agave. They started in Red Hook, so this is their second location. I haven't tried it yet. They are adding outdoor seating which is great. 

LOL!! I love that!! They were great times!!

Well let's please hope and pray and push and shove and scream and yell, that it all comes back. 

But San Juan is still a home port.😱🫣🤢😡😳. It's purposterist( whatever that means). 

WTH!! I will never understand that? 

I'll spare you my San Juan 2-cents. It goes from 2-cents to a tirade quickly it's Monday we don't need that and I don't need to get suspended anymore from CC. 

Thank you. 

Hey that Dog House Pub across from Havensight you mentioned is that in the plaza across the street up to the left? I've eaten there, I think you can eat outside. I went inside sat in the back in a booth. That place is nice.

Great Spinach Artichoke dip. It's kinda dark back there?

I can't wait to go back. 

It was a nice surprise, was with others off the ship they went shopping next door and I went to the bar, that's more common than it isn't. 

It looked like it would be lively at night. 

I couldn't pass that place up, I think about it all the time. I'll be back there.

Great little vibe great atmosphere too, I thought so anyway. 

I went back and ordered something to drink had a few minutes left and ordered some Spinach Artichoke dip that was scrumptious. 

I hated leaving that place I told you getting back on the ship at Havensight never did much for me. 😥

Think I was kidding?🌟🌟🌟🌟