Booking Deluxe or Premium Deluxe Balconies

lx200gps

We're thinking of booking either a Deluxe or PD Balcony on the Regal. As we know, when searching the Princess site, it's not possible to select your cabin in these two categories as they show as Guarantee only. We're extremely picky about cabin location so won't accept a Guarantee The well known work around is to put 3 passengers in the selection field then the cabin maps show which cabins are available. Q: Is it only  Princess reps who can book one of these cabins for us (since we can't do it online), or can our long-time TA do it for us by contacting Princess?  IOW if we tell our TA which cabin we want, will she be able to book it for us, or am I required to contact Princess myself?  Thanks in advance for any advice and personal experience with this  ;o)

we had a front facing balcony on the Sky for 28 days just after the start up...just the two of us.

Our TA booked it when we told them the cabin number, and after we told them how to find it (under "insides").

Our DD and DS both had side-by-side forward facings on the Regal a year ago, and again, they were able to book directly with the TA.

Our DD has a forward facing balcony on the Sky in January, and again, was able to book directly with the TA

23 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We're thinking of booking either a Deluxe or PD Balcony on the Regal. As we know, when searching the Princess site, it's not possible to select your cabin in these two categories as they show as Guarantee only. We're extremely picky about cabin location so won't accept a Guarantee The well known work around is to put 3 passengers in the selection field then the cabin maps show which cabins are available. Q: Is it only  Princess reps who can book one of these cabins for us (since we can't do it online), or can our long-time TA do it for us by contacting Princess?  IOW if we tell our TA which cabin we want, will she be able to book it for us, or am I required to contact Princess myself?  Thanks in advance for any advice and personal experience with this  ;o)

I believe posts from a while back when this situation became a "thing", that TA's can do it.  It only makes sense as well if an inside TA (CVP) can do it, that an external can as well.

When this situation was first reported, I was suspecting some sort of system bug related to the change PCL made by making lead-in cabins GTY only.  The changes were coincidental.  IDK why they did this and IDK why is has not been changed back.  I keep hoping that someone with inside knowledge or got direct answer from an experienced CVP will post here why PCL has done this.  As we know, there are workarounds, but it seems silly of Princess to do this.  

From what I can see, they also no longer show Insides with occupancy of four if looking for two.  This makes some sense to me because a guest might book a 4 capacity room and then complain about hanging pullmans on the walls.  Perhaps the Deluxes were impacted inadvertently.  

• Like 3

Yes, either a CVP or your travel agent can access these cabins and book two passengers.  Princess does release the cabins from guarantee closer to sail date, but before final payment.  Princess does this to encourage 3+ passenger reservations.

Thanks for the feedback and advice folks. Once SWMBO has chosen our cabin, I'll be contacting our hard-working TA and have her book it for us. Interestingly, when I scan the available Deluxe Balconies using the "3 passenger hack", it only shows Category DB as selectable, the other categories (DA, DD etc) do not show. Perhaps the other categories that are the ones Princess keep in their back pocket for upgrades, 3 or more pax, families etc?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 8:52 AM, lx200gps said:

Look. at the Ship Do they have Prem Del. Balcony Cabins. From every cruise I booked you can certainly choose Deluxe or Premium Deluxe Balcony Online