Does NCL do Wake-Up Calls?

Hydro ergo

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Changing rooms to get a working phone is the absolute last thing I would want to do 😞 

I would love to change to a room with a broken phone.  One of the first things I do when I get in my cabin is to unplug the phone.  Then I have to keep unplugging it every time the room steward plugs it back in

Edited by dbrown84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I would love to change to a room with a broken phone.  One of the first things I do when I get in my cabin is to unplug the phone.  Then I have to keep unplugging it every time the room steward plugs it back in

But then you would miss the calls from Cruise Next!! Just kidding.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Not when you need a wake-up call for early Shorex!!   VBG

I am older (o.k. I am old) and still am able to set the alarm on my phone. I don't need a telephone to do that. And I would never, ever consider packing up all of my stuff after 3 days and moving rooms to get a working phone.

Last week I got 5 phone calls: 1 to remind me of the Latitudes party. 3 asking me to buy cruise next certificates. 1 reminding me of the dress code in Le Bistro. I would not have packed my room and moved to get any of those messages. 

We cruise 6+ times a year and have never, ever used a cabin phone as an alarm clock. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, IAcruising said:

That level of detail by the room steward for a daily cleaning is actually quite encouraging.

yeah.  I had one steward that tried plugging the phone back, but didn't know which port to plug the cable back in.  When it looked like the phone didn't work, they put in a work request, unbeknownst to me.  I'm sitting in my cabin when I get a know at the door from maintenance.  They say "we have a work order for a broken phone" and I had to tell them no, I'm good

On 10/20/2023 at 11:09 AM, Hydro ergo said:

Hi Everyone,

Ridiculous old school question here...does NCL do wake-up calls?  I've sailed many times and always use my phone or a little travel clock.  However, I'm trying really hard to cut down on packing for this next one and have a low-level interior cabin and worried about the phone working and time change and all that.  A good old fashioned wake up call would help alleviate the stress as we do have a few days where we will need to be up EARLY to be off the ship for 6/630am excursions.

I did see a thread from back in 2007 that they were available, but was hoping for something a bit more up to date 😉

thank you!

Damn if not carrying a cell phone impacts your packing that much I hate to see how big your pohne is!  Are you carrying Big Ben in your luggage?

On 10/24/2023 at 9:30 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

Damn if not carrying a cell phone impacts your packing that much I hate to see how big your pohne is!  Are you carrying Big Ben in your luggage?

It's not the cell phone 🤣 it was the little travel clock. I didn't want to bring anything extra that wasn't necessary.

8 minutes ago, Hydro ergo said:

I didn't want to bring anything extra that wasn't necessary.

I say that to Mrs. IA all the time. She snaps back, "How do you know what will be necessary"? Tough to argue with that.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

So set an alarm on your phone

That was the point of the question... didn't want to rely on a phone alarm when changing time zones and the uncertainty of when the phone would update vs possibly staying on ship time etc etc.