Seabourn App - feeling stupid

arzz

Desire help from those wise and experienced Seabourn cruisers on this website.  We are cruising for the first time since covid in a few weeks.  Yesterday we got an email from Seabourn "Your cruise is coming up" - one of the buttons in the email is to learn more about the Seabourn App - but when I press the button all I get is the regular seaboard website via internet - no app and cannot find info on the app.  What am I missing here?  We are iPhone users if that is relevant  

Edited by arzz

6 hours ago, arzz said:

Desire help from those wise and experienced Seabourn cruisers on this website.  We are cruising for the first time since covid in a few weeks.  Yesterday we got an email from Seabourn "Your cruise is coming up" - one of the buttons in the email is to learn more about the Seabourn App - but when I press the button all I get is the regular seaboard website via internet - no app and cannot find info on the app.  What am I missing here?  We are iPhone users if that is relevant  

I can't remember how I downloaded the app now so I am not of much help--but not ignoring your question.  I'll try to figure it out and come back--unless someone answers your question sooner.  

6 hours ago, arzz said:

Sorry folks for asking - I found the app in the App Store and have successfully downloaded it. Why didn't they just say that?

I was just coming back to tell you that that is exactly what we did.  The rest of it is fairly intuitive.  It worked ok for us last summer and we have another cruise coming up and I already have it going for that.  

FWIW, only on a recent cruise did I stumble across that when you're onboard ithe Source app has a chat feature.  It was handy, as you can search for people by name and message them - useful if cell phone texting doesn't work.   Maybe it's well known to others but wanted to mention in case (like me) that feature got overlooked.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

Also, make sure you have the app on any devices that you want to use with wifi on your cruise. You can’t connect to the Wi-Fi without it, so you can’t download the app while you’re on the ship. 

That's not quite correct. I switch between my iPhone and my laptop, and the laptop doesn't have the app; it just connects via a web browser. But for phones and iPads, I agree it's desirable to download the Seabourn Source app before traveling. 

• 4 weeks later...