EWR Hotels

caribe123

1 hour ago, caribe123 said:

Any suggestions for good and reasonably priced hotels near Newark Airport with free airport shuttles

"Reasonably priced" depends on your budget. What's reasonable for me may be too expensive for you or vice versa. If you give us a date and a dollar amount someone should be able to help. If you don't want to do that then just use any of the major hotel booking engines and you'll be able to see prices for yourself in a matter of seconds. If you pick a hotel or two people can provide information about them.

Virtually every hotel in the Newark Airport area has a free airport shuttle .You'd be hard pressed to find one that doesn't.

There are many acceptable hotels in the area. What are you looking for? Are you staying one night before taking a cruise from Cape Liberty or are you going to be there for a different length of time or for a different reason?

We just stayed pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn & Suites Oct 3rd & 4th in Elizabeth NJ. Very close to EWR and they offered a free shuttle to their hotel. Hotel has been recently refurbished and is in a great location. Our two night stay was under $400.00.

Edited by Ashland

• 2 weeks later...

READ the reviews.  The low priced hotels are not that great.  Find a mid-priced one.  BTW you will be looking in Elizabeth NJ for these airport hotels.  Newark AP is a misnomer; the AP is one town over.  

We stayed at a Hilton on Routes 1 & 9 once.  It wasn't bad.  The middle of the road chains on Route 1 & 9 are not that great.  If it's on 1 & 9 but not a chain, don't stay there.  

Edited by trish1c

25 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

What is the closest mid-level hotel to Cape Liberty for a 1 night stay? 

Are you seeking the single mid-level hotel that is absolutely closest to Cape Liberty Cruise port, or are you seeking a more general area(s) of mid-level hotels that, collectively, are closest?

In the first case, the Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City would likely be the absolute closest, edging out the next-closest by three-tenths of a mile. In the second case, there are several mid-level hotels all located within the Exchange Place area of Jersey City. Use Google Maps to search for hotels near Exchange Place, and you will find several clustered around Christopher Columbus Drive, and immediately north in the Newport area of Jersey City (between Exchange Place and the neighboring city of Hoboken).

1 hour ago, GTJ said:

Are you seeking the single mid-level hotel that is absolutely closest to Cape Liberty Cruise port, or are you seeking a more general area(s) of mid-level hotels that, collectively, are closest?

It doesn’t have to be the absolutely closest.  I have points with Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton and Choice.  I’m trying to find a mid-range hotel where we would be comfortable for one night and convenient to the port.   I was looking at Hilton locations near Exchange Place and Canopy by Hilton Jersey City Arts District has great reviews.  I’m not sure it’s worth 70K points.  What do you think of this hotel?

Thank you for your feedback.

1 minute ago, taylortime05 said:

It doesn’t have to be the absolutely closest.  I have points with Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton and Choice.  I’m trying to find a mid-range hotel where we would be comfortable for one night and convenient to the port. I was looking at Hilton locations near Exchange Place and Canopy by Hilton Jersey City Arts District has great reviews. I’m not sure it’s worth 70K points. What do you think of this hotel?

Excellent; there are several nearby hotels, and so the incremental distance should not make a difference!

I can respond only with respect to location, not the services provided at the hotels, because I live locally and have no need for hotel accommodation. One of the attractions of staying at Exchange Place in Jersey City is the waterfront. There are a few hotels that are right next to the water, but the Canopy by Hilton is not one of them. But it is close enough to constitute an easy stroll should you decide to do so in the evening. This is hotel is in the heart of Jersey City, with City Hall just three blocks south. The nearby waterfront to the east has been redeveloped to be is the financial hub of the city, Wall Street West, with many tall buildings filled with office workers during the day, but less nights and weekends. The north, Newport, has also been redeveloped, even more substantially, with the former railroad yards now replaced with the Newport Centre shopping mall and a number of big box stores (beyond Newport is the City of Hoboken, a remarkable small city in its own right). To the west is the older, and less affluent, shopping street, Newark Avenue. Should you elect to make a trip into Manhattan, it is a very easy and quick trip on the PATH (subway) train from the Grove Street station, two blocks from your hotel . . . for $2.75 per person, you will be in midtown Manhattan, Greenwich Village, or the World Trade Center in just a few minutes. A nice place to eat nearby is Razza, 275 Grove Street, a short walk and directly across the street from City Hall. Good wood-fired pizzas. Others can provide additional reviews of the many good places both here and in Hoboken. It is difficult for me not to say enough nice things about this neighborhood. You can be a tourist but not feel like one. The hotel should not cost as much as a hotel in midtown Manhattan; I think that if the cost is sufficiently lower than midtown Manhattan, the neighborhood makes this hotel worth paying more than a hotel near the airport.

1 hour ago, GTJ said:
1 hour ago, GTJ said:

Excellent; there are several nearby hotels, and so the incremental distance should not make a difference!

Thank you for so much help.   Which hotel would you consider the best location next to the waterfront?   I’d prefer if it was Hyatt, Hilton or Marriott so I can use points.  

54 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Which hotel would you consider the best location next to the waterfront? I’d prefer if it was Hyatt, Hilton or Marriott so I can use points.

For literally being on the water, the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson would take the prize. It is located immediately adjacent to (north of) J. Owen Grundy Park. It was originally the main "New York" terminal of the Pennsylvania Railroad, prior to the opening of Pennsylvania Station in midtown Manhattan in the year 1910. That terminal, along with the ferry slips and the elevated main line above what is now Christopher Columbus Drive, have all since been removed, and its place is J. Owen Grundy Park, a riverfront pier and promenade, with pavilion and periodic festivals and shows. Between the hotel and the park is the Exchange Place PATH (subway) station, with a 4-minute ride to World Trade Center in lower Manhattan. For a more scenic trip to Manhattan, four blocks south of the hotel is the Paulus Hook ferry terminal, with a 7-minute ride to Brookfield Place and Battery Park City in lower Manhattan via NY Waterway vessel. All along the waterfront is a pedestrian walkway, with fabulous views of the Manhattan skyline across the river. The Hyatt House Jersey City and the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City are both nearly on the waterfront, but the Hyatt Regency is best for actually being on the water. All are typically in the mid-$200 range for a summer weekend night. But again, I am commenting only on the area and I do not vouch for the quality of any individual hotel.

I will also note that all of the hotels in this area are within a short walk of the light rail trains to Bayonne. Should you decide to save a few dollars on embarkation day, you can ride the train from Jersey City to Bayonne (regular fare is $2.25 per person), and then a local taxi or other hired car from the Bayonne train station to the cruise terminal itself.

• Like 1